AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Beatles week could be interesting. I'd predict Amanda could rip it up on Helter Skelter.

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I am thinking Amanda will do Helter Skelter or Sgt Pepper....

I was bummed Blake performed that song, it is one of the crappier songs on his album.

I think Beatles week might be good for people like Brooke, John and David Cook. I bet they will do well. The Beatles have a nice variety out there, from cheesey pop to pot smoking psychodelic so a little bit for everyone....

3. Chrissy Nelson

OK my take.... The country song was HORRIBLE... That chick does this wierd thing with her eyes when she sings. She opens them really wide and creeps me out. Zyesia is good but I am just not digging her. Hernandez was HORRIBLE and CHEESEY!!! Holy crap what was he doing on that stage!!!! Archuletta was so bad. I felt bad that he forgot his words but dang boy do not talk about how you love the song then blow it. The Ramielle chick was good but boring. She had such a gorgeous voice but I agree it was extremly boring.

LOVED David Cook again!!! Love Elenor Rigby, one of my fav Beatles songs!!! So glad he rocked that one out. Jason C was good even though the judges were not jumping out of their seats for him. I loved Carlys Come Together!! I think she did a great version. Amanda really rocked it out too. I think she is a great performer all around. And I think she looked great. Michael was good another one of my fav songs. Brooke did a good version of Let It Be. I really think she is just naturally sweet. And how about Chikezie pulling a rocker out!!! He really kicked *** on that song!!!

4. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

The threesome in the middle of the show - Carly, David Cook and then Brooke - were the highlight for me and my wife. I don't think Brooke was quite as memorable as the other two, but she did fine with Let it Be. I think the bottom four were much worse than the rest of the contestants. I'd put Ramiele, David Hernandez, Kristy and David Auchuletta in that grouping tonight. I hope either David H. or Ramiele are going home.

But it was a good show with some great music. I also think from top to bottom the final 12 blow away last year's top 12.

5. ehm

ehm Banned

Ok, I have to ask this. Am I the only one comletely freaked out by David A's tongue? Every breath it seems he is licking his lips and it isn't just licking it is like this sweeping thing. I noticed it a few weeks ago and now I can't even concentrate on his songs I am just watching for the sweep.

6. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(ehm @ Mar 12 2008, 03:13 AM) [snapback]664598[/snapback]
    Ok, I have to ask this. Am I the only one comletely freaked out by David A's tongue? Every breath it seems he is licking his lips and it isn't just licking it is like this sweeping thing. I noticed it a few weeks ago and now I can't even concentrate on his songs I am just watching for the sweep.

I am wondering if he doesn't or maybe didn't used to have a lisp... I noticed it a couple weeks ago and also noticed how he speaks....

7. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinstuff @ Mar 11 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]664570[/snapback]
    The threesome in the middle of the show - Carly, David Cook and then Brooke - were the highlight for me and my wife. I don't think Brooke was quite as memorable as the other two, but she did fine with Let it Be. I think the bottom four were much worse than the rest of the contestants. I'd put Ramiele, David Hernandez, Kristy and David Auchuletta in that grouping tonight. I hope either David H. or Ramiele are going home.

But it was a good show with some great music. I also think from top to bottom the final 12 blow away last year's top 12.

I agree, but I'm ready for Kristy to go home, before David H. Also thought Chikezie was pretty entertaining :) !

QUOTE(ehm @ Mar 11 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]664598[/snapback]

LOL :laughing: ....So glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

8. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I noticed it a while back also and yes I find it annoying and distracting.

Honestly I am guessing that this show was not as a great as the writers/producers hoped it would be. These top 12 are really great singers but this theme was not a highlight for the show as far as performers go.

Syesha was bla. Nothing special about how she sang

Chikezie had a very unusual take on the song and I did not like it.

Ramilele was boring

Jason sang well but it felt same old same old

Carly - I liked her in the beginning, then with finding she already had a CD out I lost my excitment for her. I tried to give her a chance in my mind but I am just not liking her.

David C has not let me down yet. This was not his best but whatever he sings he sings well.

Brook stole the show tonight. Her voice is beautiful. But if this was not this theme night with everyone else locked into just singing from this Lennon/McCarthy song list it could have been quite different. She did do a graet job though.

David H was overboard tonight

Amanda Nope I did not like her song choice

Michael Not a great performance by him either

Kirsty this is a competition not a race. She sang that song way to fast

David A Nope not good tonight.

Are they done with the two men two women voting off is it just the bottom worst 4 now?

I think we will be saying goodbye to Amanda, Chikizie, David H & Kristy. It would not surprize me to see Ramiele or Syesha go in place of Amanda or David H because of their fan following though

9. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

Tonight really was an off night for a lot of the contestants.

Syesha - blah boring way off in the beginning never exciting or stand out to me...

Chikezie - loved the beginning of the song.. it was very different for him... by far not my favorite rendition of the song but it showed versatility and originality... a fun live version.

Ramilele - boring... passion anyone?

Jason - ok same routine... bored

Carly - This is a song she plays in her act all the time... wow that was risky.. she was good but nothing amazing.

David C - not impressed that is one of my favorite beatles songs... last week much better.

Brook - Absolutely the best tonight. She did an awesome job. Full of passion and emotion. A real musician.

David H - horrible!!! ummm need to go...

Amanda - surprised by the song choice... better than what I expected (helter skelter)

Michael - boring... take on that song you better kickass!!!

Kirsty - horrible!!! ummm need to go... what is up with that I am riding a horse stand.

David A - :( nerves got him and he bleeeeeeeewwwwwwwww it! How do you go from imagine to that??? I hope he didn't peak to soon and can recover he is an amazing kid with tons of potential.

Goodbye to David H or Kristy. If not, then Ramiele or Syesha.

10. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ Mar 11 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]664598[/snapback]

He's been doing that since his Star Search days, I remember it being driving my crazy then, I think may be a nervous unconscious thing, my son Cory used to do the same thing at his chorus concerts, drove me nuts all home video with him licking his lips ever 5 seconds. :p I still like David A, but did not think he did well last night I felt bad for him :(

I am hoping Kristy Cool (sp???) goes tonight blech she is bad!

11. ehm

ehm Banned

Glad to know I am not the only one about the tongue.

I believe only one person leaves each week now that we have reached the final 12............or is it two until the top 6? I can't remember.

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My thoughts:

Syesha- She did okay, she wasn't in the top for the night.

Chikezie- I think he did a great job with that song, he definitely surprised a lot of people.

Ramiele- Sounded pretty, but boring.

Jason- Same, sounded nice, but didn't thrill me.

Carly- I thought she did awesome. I loved her song.

David C- Loved it! (but he still needs some "no more bedhead")

Brooke- I really liked her performance.

David H- Blech.

Amanda- I'm sorry, I just don't get it. She sounds like she is shouting through every song she sings. I did like her Steven Tyler pants ;).

Michael- I thought he sounded pretty good.

Kristy- She botched the song. I did feel bad for her when they were all critiquing her.

David A- Nope, didn't do it for me last night. He messed up the lyrics a couple of times and he just didn't do well.

I think that Kristy or David H will probably go tonight.

And I didn't notice the tongue thing! :p

13. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I predict Kristy or David H. will get the boot tonight.

Chikezie rocked the house. What a great surprise! He had a blast.

And yes, I noticed that David A's lip licking/sweeping tongue and it drives me crazy!

14. ehm

ehm Banned

And I didn't notice the tongue thing!
    You will now! :laughing:

15. Mama_Kim

Hmm, guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Lennon/McCartney songbook night theme.

Standouts for me:

Chikezie -- the dude totally rocked it, nice to see him shine finally

Carly Smithson -- she did a great job with Come Together, although my ears have been jaded by Aerosmith's classic version of which no one else can ever live up to! ;)

David Cook -- Eleanor Rigby happens to be one of my all time favorite Beatles songs and he did not disappoint

Brooke White -- she did a great job with Let It Be, and I just love her which is funny because I'm generally not a huge fan of female vocalists

Amanda Overmyer -- not my favorite of the night, but she did great with You Can't Do That, and she seemed to have fun tonight as well!

Michael Johns -- Across the Universe is another favorite Beatles' tune of mine, and I thought he carried it well

I still also enjoy David Archuleta, though he had an off night (which I blame on Simon, lol, since he "made" him do a more upbeat song, which I don't think is his thing, but anyway his voice is truly amazing and a totally natural talent) and Jason Castro who also did not have the best of nights (cool that he is Colombiano, can't wait to tell my MIL and DH).

Expendable at this point for me are: Syesha Mercado, Ramiele Malubay, David Hernandez, and Kristy Lee Cook. All are terrific singers but I just can't say they'll be around for long.

BTW, I've noticed David A's tongue thing (which I attribute to nerves and being "green" -- I think he gets dry mouth). Has anyone else noticed Kristy Lee Cook's "bug eye" thing. She does this weird thing with her eyes, opening them really wide when she hits certain notes. Very annoying. Oh, and her country version of Eight Days a Week was HORRENDOUS!!!!!!

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 12 2008, 08:03 AM) [snapback]664859[/snapback]
    Amanda- I'm sorry, I just don't get it. She sounds like she is shouting through every song she sings. I did like her Steven Tyler pants ;).
    Me too. It was the first thing I said to DH! :D

Oh, and Cheryl, only one performer, either male or female, whoever gets the lowest number of votes, goes home this week.

16. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

I'm still loving Jason, David C., Brooke, and Carly.

You know, Brooke made me cry lasy night. She is genuinely appreciative to be there and she is so likeable, such a good girl. Her voice is so captivating. I just can't take my eyes off her when she sings. Love Carly too. She did a great job last night. Still loving David C. He can probably do no wrong in my eyes since he has that great sexy rocker voice. Jason...ahhhh there is something about his voice that also captivates me. I feel his emotion when he sings....same with Brooke.

Michael Johns is in 5th place for me.

The others.........

David A - Oh yeah that lip licking gets on my nerves. DH and I were talking about that last night. Also I can hear every single breath he takes! Have you noticed that??? Drives me nuts!

Chikeze was GREAT last night!

Ramiele is sooo beauiful but she needs to start doing faster, more upbeat songs. I'm getting really bored with her.

Amanda - Just not my thing but I would like to see her last a little longer.

I think Kristy should go tonight, but wouldn't care if David H. or Syesia left I would be ok with that.

17. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

I don't like when they do "artist" themed nights... Though, the beatles wasn't as bad as I thought it could be.

Yep, I've noticed the David A toungue thing too.. its distracting. He's been doing it forever.. in all the youtube videos of him as a kid on different shows, he's licking his lips in every single one. As for as his perfomance toninght.. wow.. he flopped big time, I think. My opinion? He's been singing all the songs he's already sung on the show, for years... practice practice practice.. and this week, he did something he hasn't ever sang before... Really gives us an idea of his TRUE ability. I just don't connect with him, he just seems too robotic, or over practiced to me. This week sorta confirmed that for me.

My tops for the night were Carly, David C, Jason, and Brooke

Carly did awsome! I think we are finally seeing "carly" and not the "staying safe to stay in the competition" Carly. I loved to see her finally perform, not just sing. It was really exciting and fun.

David C... he's just amazing. I agree with Simon.. if popularity didn't play a role in the voting, and just talent won this thing.. he'd win for sure. I think he's got the most talent. he can sure rock it out... and there is just something about him that keeps me watching. he's captivating.. His facial expressions are amazing, I think!

Jason.. I like him alot. Still get that sitting around a beach bomb fire sort of feel to him. He's refreshing I think. I love how he sings the songs. He captivates me too.. And being from texas, And collage station (where my parents live), totally adds to it! HAHA. He is just totally dorky adorable. And thats how I like them most.

Brooke... what can I say about her? She is simply amazing. I hope to see the final two be her and david C. She had me singing along. I love the soft power that she has. She reminds me of someone, but I can't figure out who. I absolutely loved that she played the piano last night... that was lovely, and added to the performance. Showed that she's truely a musician and not just another "singer"

Chikeeze did pretty good. I'm just not a huge fan of his. He bugs his eyes out too, and makes some very freaky facial expressions (I'm always wondering if he needs to poop! Hahah) when he sings. I cant seem to get passed that and just hear his singing. Last night, I had to look away and just listen, and I liked it better.

Remalia.. How do you spell her name? Ok, see I was in choir in high school... and at the end of the year, we always put on a "special" show, called the "pop show", because all the music we sang were radio hits, and no "choral" music. All of the students were allowed to try out for a solo... Her song last night was so very much a "pop show" performance, that it actually had me wanting to go to sleep!!!! Now, had it been a "Pop Show", she would have been the highlight of the night... but it ain't. This is american Idol... she needs to step it up. Her voice is amazing... REALLY SERIOSLY AMAZING... its time she showed it off.

Micheal... I always forget about micheal. I like him, I just forget about him every week. He's a good performer. I don't know.. Maybe he just gets lost in the middle of david c, brooke and jason. I thought he did well last night, but am afraid I will forget him again by next week.

Christy.. same with her... I forget about her. Her country redition was terrible. I wanted to cringe.. as a country music lover (it is my perfered genre), it was absolutely a mockery and rediculious. She sang it way to fast. Why the **** would she chose a lori morgan sort of feel... she hasnt had a radio hit in almost 10 years!! I so think the song could be a country song, it could work... but with a more modern country feel, and not "old" twang country. She made a very very bad choice. Have any of you ever been to a rodeo or state fair and watch as they do those little singing contest with the younger girls on a little stage somewhere in the building in the back? Where the girls get up on stage in thier rediculious country garb.. tight pants, pointy boots, overly large cowboy hat.. and sing terrible versions of terrible songs... while mom stands down at the bottom of the stage singing almost as loudly as her daughter, cause she's the one who truely wants to be up on the stage (she's also wearing rediculious country garb!)... I have, way to many times... and thats exactly what her performace last night was!

Daveid H... umm... he did really really bad. There were points where he just totally lost his energy, and almost lost the words he was singing. He was winded, I guess.. It was really bad... and coming from last week were he was amazing, to this week were he just totally bombed... thats sad.

Amanda... liked her, which surprised me. She needs to watch the low energy parts of her song, cause she tends to miss the notes or something there.. but other than that, I think she did pretty good. Think she would be amazing with a band to jam with. I also liked the hair extensions she was wearing, the longer hair, with the blonde streaking other places than just around her face, softened her up a bit. I liked her steven tyler pants too!

Anyway, thats my take on last night. I think the bottom two will be david H and christy. Maybe david A, though I think he's got a good following to save him. We will see.

18. Mama_Kim

OK, while doing my strength training this morning, I was re-watching my favorites. Did anyone else spot the sign in the audience for Brooke? It said:
    "We love Brooke (but we miss our nanny)!" :D
    It also had a picture of the twin girls on it. Very cute.

19. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 12 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]665295[/snapback]
    OK, while doing my strength training this morning, I was re-watching my favorites. Did anyone else spot the sign in the audience for Brooke? It said:
    "We love Brooke (but we miss our nanny)!" :D
    It also had a picture of the twin girls on it. Very cute.

Yes I saw that. She talked about them in her video before the song. I wonder if the AMom has ever been on TS or her for that matter. She seems like she would be a very sweet loving nanny

20. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

David A - Oh yeah that lip licking gets on my nerves.

Oh yeah!! Reminds me of Rachel Ray, she does that!!

My fave last night was Brooke!! She did SO good... I was singing along to every song... I LOVE John and Paul!! :wub:

I really like Amanda... she is my FAVE!

21. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I ditto MamaKim... :good: .
    Standouts for me:

Chikezie -- the dude totally rocked it, nice to see him shine finally

Carly Smithson -- she did a great job with Come Together, although my ears have been jaded by Aerosmith's classic version of which no one else can ever live up to!

David Cook -- Eleanor Rigby happens to be one of my all time favorite Beatles songs and he did not disappoint

Brooke White -- she did a great job with Let It Be, and I just love her which is funny because I'm generally not a huge fan of female vocalists

Amanda Overmyer -- not my favorite of the night, but she did great with You Can't Do That, and she seemed to have fun tonight as well!

Michael Johns -- Across the Universe is another favorite Beatles' tune of mine, and I thought he carried it well

I still also enjoy David Archuleta, though he had an off night (which I blame on Simon, lol, since he "made" him do a more upbeat song, which I don't think is his thing, but anyway his voice is truly amazing and a totally natural talent) and Jason Castro who also did not have the best of nights (cool that he is Colombiano, can't wait to tell my MIL and DH).

Expendable at this point for me are: Syesha Mercado, Ramiele Malubay, David Hernandez, and Kristy Lee Cook. All are terrific singers but I just can't say they'll be around for long.

BTW, I've noticed David A's tongue thing (which I attribute to nerves and being "green" -- I think he gets dry mouth). Has anyone else noticed Kristy Lee Cook's "bug eye" thing. She does this weird thing with her eyes, opening them really wide when she hits certain notes. Very annoying. Oh, and her country version of Eight Days a Week was HORRENDOUS!!!!!!

Although he wasn't great last night I really like Jason and hope he makes it in long enough to step up his act. I think his eyes are gorgeous and that smile can melt a girls heart.... :p .

David A.'s lip-licking doesn't bug me as much as Kristy's "wide eye" think she does. Can't stand it :blink:

22. Chrissy Nelson

She is doing the hypno bug eye to get you to vote for her ;)

23. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Ok, I love David Cook! He rocked Eleanor Rigby! It was awesome.

And don't shoot me, but I AM NOT a Brook fan, she is just too sweet for my tastes. :icon_biggrin:

ETA: Kim, love your avatar. ;)

24. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

I'm curious how many of you guys actually call in and vote each week. Even as a loyal AI viewer, I only vote every once in awhile, I generally I leave it up to the rest of America :p. I posted a poll to see how many people vote, so when you get a chance I'd love to know more about your voting habits.

25. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 11 2008, 10:19 PM) [snapback]664480[/snapback]
    OK my take.... The country song was HORRIBLE... That chick does this wierd thing with her eyes when she sings. She opens them really wide and creeps me out. Zyesia is good but I am just not digging her. Hernandez was HORRIBLE and CHEESEY!!! Holy crap what was he doing on that stage!!!! Archuletta was so bad. I felt bad that he forgot his words but dang boy do not talk about how you love the song then blow it. The Ramielle chick was good but boring. She had such a gorgeous voice but I agree it was extremly boring.

LOVED David Cook again!!! Love Elenor Rigby, one of my fav Beatles songs!!! So glad he rocked that one out. Jason C was good even though the judges were not jumping out of their seats for him. I loved Carlys Come Together!! I think she did a great version. Amanda really rocked it out too. I think she is a great performer all around. And I think she looked great. Michael was good another one of my fav songs. Brooke did a good version of Let It Be. I really think she is just naturally sweet. And how about Chikezie pulling a rocker out!!! He really kicked *** on that song!!!

yeah, i hated the country song and she does bug her eyes out! i really liked chikeze's performance.

yes, noticed it and i have been distracted by it.

i think kristy will go. there were a lot of boring performances, suprisingly.

26. Chrissy Nelson

America got it right.....

I missed who the mentors are going to be. I get frustrated with that whole hour long crap and just watch the last 5 minutes.

27. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(Outnumbered @ Mar 12 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]666264[/snapback]
    I'm curious how many of you guys actually call in and vote each week. Even as a loyal AI viewer, I only vote every once in awhile, I generally I leave it up to the rest of America :p. I posted a poll to see how many people vote, so when you get a chance I'd love to know more about your voting habits.

have never voted. I just found out last night that the call is free so I may start calling next week

28. twin_trip_mommy

I agree that America got it right.

I have to admit that Kirsty sang her song a bit better tonight than she did last night. Stll did not like it or think it should save her. She is still not a winner to me.

29. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 12 2008, 09:07 PM) [snapback]666454[/snapback]
    America got it right.....

I missed who the mentors are going to be. I get frustrated with that whole hour long crap and just watch the last 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if they said who the mentors would be, but the theme next week is more Beatles, I think this time post 1967 (although weren't two of the songs this week, Let it Be and Come Together, from that era?)

Anyway, I know some might be upset over that theme based on this past Tuesday's performances, but the more Beatles the better in my opinion. And later Beatles music could include some awesome songs we still haven't heard.

How about Lady Madonna (Jason Castro?), A Day in the Life (David Cook could probably do something cool with this classic), Back in the USSR (Amanda although some would probably want to hear her do Helter Skelter), Blackbird (David Archaletta), Get Back (Chikezie), Here Comes the Sun (Brooke), Here, There and Everywhere (Syesha), Hey Jude (Carly), In My Life (Michael), and then I'll throw out The Long and Winding Road, Revolution, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps for whoever is left. And that doesn't even include countless #1 hits. So there's a lot of good music out there to try top 11!

30. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

kristy next week... don't know how she managed that...

31. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(twinstuff @ Mar 12 2008, 11:37 PM) [snapback]666618[/snapback]
    I'm not sure if they said who the mentors would be, but the theme next week is more Beatles, I think this time post 1967 (although weren't two of the songs this week, Let it Be and Come Together, from that era?)
    Three -- Across the Universe also. I am bummed its Beatles week again. It was fine for one week but a little boring for two, don't you think? But the Lennon/McCartney songbook is huge so I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised.

The bottom three was spot on. It could have been any of them going home, imo.

32. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Please tell me we won't have to listen to 3 elimination songs on elimination night. That was just too much.

And I thought the phone call segment was a waste of time.

33. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't even watch it last night. I think an hour is ridiculous for the results show, they just prolong the agony. I can't believe they are doing Beatles again next week. While I do like the Beatles, I think doing it 2 weeks in a row is a bit boring. Who was in the bottom 3?

34. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Juj @ Mar 13 2008, 08:42 AM) [snapback]666874[/snapback]
    Please tell me we won't have to listen to 3 elimination songs on elimination night. That was just too much.

And I thought the phone call segment was a waste of time.

I completely agree.

35. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 13 2008, 08:46 AM) [snapback]666877[/snapback]
    Who was in the bottom 3?

David H.
    Syesha
    Kristy Lee