American Idol

Discussion in 'General' started by dfaut, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I agree, Chrissy. Not even remotely enjoyable. Zzzzzzz. Not worth my time posting song listing, lol. It would have been such a better finale between Joshua and Phillip. In fact, Joshua should have won this whole thing.

I still like Phillip and, for me, he was the clear choice. Jessica has impeccable vocals and a voice like no other but she bores me. Why didn't she spice it up a little at least once last night? Phillip did well. He won every round for me. I even enjoyed "Home."

Since the true winner, Joshua, went home last week, I honestly don't really care who wins. I like Phillip best but won't be surprised if Jessica wins it all.

2. Mama_Kim

Aerosmith is "supposed" to be performing tonight. [​IMG]

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

TEAM PHILLIP!!! I just love listening to him sing, and I love the song 'Home' that he would record.
    Jessica made me want to take a nap, again.

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I thought Phillip was fabulous and should win. Jessica fell prey to the same over singing that plagued Joshua. She's very talented, but nothing about her makes me want to buy a record. I will buy Phillip's record. He won me over with Volcano, and I thought Home was fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  5. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

if I have to say something positive it will be that Fantasia has pretty hair

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Of any idol finale this one sucked with the guest performers... Minus John Fogerty and Aerosmith.

Of any winner this one is my favorite, hello emotions. I was tearing up and it was beautiful!! Congrats to the WINNER :smilie_xmas_116:

7. twin_trip_mommy

I really did not enjoy the show. Who was that last woman screaming with Jessica? Jessica seemed to come a little more alive (showed more emotion) while she sang with her but gosh. Jessica a 16 year old was the better "singer" between the two. I though the woman's eyes were going to pop out when she screamed that last line.

I enjoyed Fogerty and Phillip. Jessica sounded beautiful but boring to me. The tribute to Robin Gibb by the guys was terrible. Joshua was the only one who made it not totally suck. Neil Diamond was okay but he really is getting only.

Aerosmith deserves its own paragraph. He still has the moves. He still has the voice. They were GREAT! I did not expect that but when Steven was not on stage when Jessica was singing i figured he had to be setting up for something.

8. Mama_Kim

That was Jennifer Holliday who I believe originated the role of Effie in
    Dreamgirls on Broadway (Jennifer Hudson's role in the movie version). Wow. She
    was a little excited, huh?

What can I say? I waited for Aerosmith all
    night so the rest was just filler, although I did enjoy John Fogarty with
    Phillip and Neil Diamond with the guys. I loved seeing little DeAndre again too.
    And I always enjoy Chaka Khan even when she looks like a stuffed
    sausage.

So happy for Phillip. I totally lost it when he went to find his
    parents. Sweet boy. :wub:

Still on an Aerosmith high. I apologize to any
    and all who were subjected to my hysteria on FB. I was having somewhat of an out
    of body experience or something. Or Steven Tyler and Joe Perry frenzy. [​IMG]

Why does my post look so weird? :lol:

9. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

It is like a poem...

Jennifer Holliday is an amazing singer but not nice to look at while she sang. I almost peed my pants during that part.

10. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought it was a great show, I enjoyed Rhianna, J-lo, Neil Diamond, Jennifer Holiday with Jennifer and CCR with Phillip, Aerosmith-and of course the outcome at the end was my favorite!!! I was so happy for Phillip and loved that in all his glory he went and searched for his family in the crowd. :wub:

OMG-when the group sang the phone book-so funny!!!! :rotflmbo:

11. twin_trip_mommy

oh i totally agree. Them singing the phone book was great. i wonder if any of the numbers were real?

Remember back in the 80s Tommy Tutones song "Jenny -8675309" made the phone company and people who had that number crazy?

12. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I called 867-5309 when I lived in high school! The guy who had the number was quite nice. And probably a total weirdo..

13. Mama_Kim

Personally, I loved Steven's dressing room, The Love Shack! :wub: [​IMG]

That phone bit thing was good and yet another reason I think Joshua should have won. He can truly sing anything, even the phone book! But I am really happy for Phillip as I love his voice too.

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what DH said! He said that she was so good she was boring!

15. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Well, both will make albums. I'm really looking forward to hearing Phillips' album. I love his voice. I'm glad he won. Jessica was great and I think she's going to do well with her albums, but she's not as original as Phillip is. I too teared up a bit when he went to his parents. So touching!

Good final! So-so performances, some better than others. I love Fogherty and Aerosmith. I thought JLo did great too. It was fun!