amoxicillian ok during 16th week of pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by keahimom, Aug 23, 2009.

1. keahimom

keahimom New Member

Hi just wanted to know if anyone has taken Amoxicillian antibiotic during pregnancy? I am 16 weeks and have a bad sinus infection and went to the urgent care clinic- it's sunday- the dr gave me the pills but I am not sure if they are ok during pregnancy- never had to take anything during my other 2 pregnancies- any help appreciated- Thanks!

mom to keahi 15 yrs , kai 11yrs and expecting twins 2/8/10

2. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

yes, amoxicillin is totally safe throughout your pregnancy. hope you feel better!

3. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

When not pregnant, I've gotten dizzy spells on amoxicillin...so I'd advise you to take it easy.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not sure, but I hope you feel better. :hug: I would assume they would have made sure they were safe during pregnancy before prescribing them to you, I would hope anyway.

5. sparkle77

sparkle77 Well-Known Member

I would think that Amox is ok during pregnancy because I remember that they would prescribe it to me like it was candy when I was a young child, so I assume its pretty mild. But I would double check with my OB just to be on the safe side.

Feel better, Mama.

6. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Both my pedi and my OB have claimed it is safe during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I wouldn't advise taking it many times during pregnancy or while BF'ing.... but if you NEED to take it to clear up an infection or something, by all means, go for it.

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

I took amox for strep throat during my 7th or so week with the twins. It's fine. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

8. KimmiLynn4

KimmiLynn4 Well-Known Member

My doctor was going to prescribe amoxicillan for me because I had an infection. She said it was safe to take during pregnancy.

9. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I took it my ENTIRE pregnancy for a medical condition.

No problems (ok'd by Peri and OB). Watch for yeast though....antibiotics can cause yeast infections.