An emotional week ahead!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Mar 18, 2012.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Life has been beyond crazy lately. A month ago, I lost my aunt. And just yesterday, I lost my grandmother. Hopefully soon, I can come up for some air. 2012 is shaping up to be a real crappy year. But I digress....

In the midst of all of this, I had Anthony evaluated for speech/gross motor. I was starting to get concerned when I could tell people had a hard time understanding him speak. If you know the topic at hand, it's one thing. But if he goes off and starts talking about something else, you are generally lost.

To make a long story short, he ended up qualifying for speech. And based on his speech, they also said socially because the speech could hold him back with his peers, etc, so he was accepted into the preschool program in town. And, a perk to having twins, lol, his twin is automatically accepted as well if we so choose(is that even a question??? ha!). And TOMORROW is the big day. I honestly haven't even had a second to think about it. My grandmother hung on for 13 days with no food/water, so I was spending all my time sitting by her side at the nursing home.

But, my babies, they are going to SCHOOL tomorrow! If I wasn't an emotional wreck already, just wait until tomorrow! They are going from 12:45p-3:15p and I'm really worried about this dreaded car line the teacher speak of at pick up. They did visit for 45 minutes on Friday and seemed to fit right in. Nicholas is a follower, and I can see Anthony, being he's so tiny(36 inches/30 lbs), getting lost in the shuffle, as he's pretty quiet as well.

So tomorrow I send my babies off to school for the first time ever. Not bad for 4.5 I suppose. LOL. Then I pick them up and start my goodbyes to my grandmother. What a week that lays ahead. I will update on how they do. :) I'm excited for them though-they really are ready-and probably need to be away from me for a little bit.

But man, I know I'm going to miss them. :cry:

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your losses!!!

But wow that's so nice that they take the other twin automatically. Really wish it was the case in my county, I didn't bother with further testing for DD as DS didn't qualify anyway and I couldn't be in two places at once.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Sorry for your losses.

That is a cool feature that when one is accepted, the other is too. Speech has helped my kids so much! All three kids qualified and two qualified in the Autism Spectrum Disorder (which is a very broad range of abilities).

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:grouphug: Meaghan, I'm so sorry.

Your boys are going to love school, though, I bet! :friends:

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry about your grandma :hug: I hope 2012 looks up for you and your family from here on out.

As for the kids, I am sure they will have a blast at school and you'll get a bit of time with Anabella and all will be good. I know it's a bittersweet transition, but hopefully it's more sweet than anything. Keep us posted!

6. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am so sorry about your grandma meaghan. :grouphug: And the boys are going to do great!

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Sending big prayers and hugs too! Speech helped DS #2 so tremendously after his head injury. Early Intervention was amazing. He loved his therapist/speech pathologist so much. But man did it wear him out. I bet the boys will sleep well on preschool days. I hope it goes smashingly well! I hope things quiet down for you now. You need a break.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Meaghan.
    The boys are going to do great in school!

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Love to you my friend!!

Good luck today Nicholas and Anthony, your mama is so proud! And so are all of her BC friends!

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I'm sure the boys will do great in preschool!!!

And :hug: for your loss. :grouphug: