Angelo is in the Hospital..

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by babymOmmax2, Apr 5, 2009.

1. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

I just stopped home and wanted to touch base with everyone. Angelo has been in the emergency room since 10 AM this morning. For the past several days he has been congested, vomiting, and can not hold a single substance down. We just received the news that it looks like severe asthma & he has already undergone 7 albuterol treatments with no results. His oxygen levels still remain too low so he is more than likely being admitted for the night. After open-heart surgery, thumb surgery, and a schedule surgery for penis reconstruction scheduled late summer, I thought the hospital days would soon be past us. Keep him in your prayers & I will be back with more info as it becomes available.. thanks.

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Oh no! Poor Angelo and poor momma. :grouphug:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Veronica, I am so sorry to hear this. :( I hope Angelo gets to feeling better really soon and you all can come home. :hug: :hug: :hug:

4. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

I feel so sorry for you and the baby. That poor baby. :(

Both mine have severe asthma and have been in and out of hospital. It is so scarey.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Thinking good thoughts for Angelo and you!

6. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I hope all will be ok, and I will be thinking about you!

7. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Praying for little Angelo...what a trooper after all he's been through!

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm so sorry to read this! I hope Angelo is better soon. :hug:

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Hope he is feeling better soon! The poor guy has already been through so much!

10. babymOmmax2

Thanks for all the wishes. He will be staying overnight for observation. The doctors now believe that the asthma may be mixed in with RSV. He hasn't slept for more than 15 minutes in over 24 hours, so he is very lethargic and miserable. Keep you posted. Thanks again.

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry!! Poor Angelo and Mommy!! :hug: I hope he is feeling better very soon!

12. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

poor little guy :( and poor momma :(
    i hope he gets better soon, and i hope he can get a little sleep tonight :hug: keep us posted

13. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I hope little Angelo gets better soon!!

14. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: I am so sorry! Sending prayers right now for him (and you)! I hope they figure it out and he heals quickly!

15. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh no!! When you get a moment, please update us.

Poor little munchkin.

16. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your little guy!
    You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers.
    Take Care :)

17. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Oh no! The poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon.

18. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Your poor little man! I feel so badly for him, and for you -- you must be so stressed. Sending hugs and quick-healing vibes all around.

:hug:

19. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Aww poor Angelo - I hope he is well soon. :hug:

20. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

The poor little guy. It sounds like they are figuring it out, so he should be feeling better soon. So sorry he is going through this on top of his other hospital stays. Keep us posted. I will be thinking of you guys.

Jen

21. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: to Angelo. I hope he has a good night in the hospital and can come home tomorrow.

22. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

That must have been so scary, but I am glad to hear that he is in the hospital where they can help him. Thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.

23. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh - I am SO sorry to hear this. I'll keep you all in my thoughts. I hope his health improves soon. Poor baby, poor mama! :grouphug:

24. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Poor little guy. How awful for you. I hope he gets better very soon.

25. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Oh so sorry to read this. I hope this morning he is doing much better. Lots of hugs!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dianna

26. babymOmmax2

Just wanted to update & let you know that Angelo is doing a little better. He was on oxygen throughout the night & they will be lowering his levels to see how he does on his own. If all is well and he is able to hold food down throughout the day, he should be able to come home tonight! Thanks everyone for all the get well wishes.. what would I do without you girls?!

27. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that he is doing a little better. Poor punkin. Poor momma. :hug: :hug:

28. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that. I hope he gets to come home!

29. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am glad to hear that he is doing better! I hope he gets to come home today, sending get well vibes his way!

30. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Glad he's doing better! Hope you get to come home tonight!!!

31. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So glad he is getting better! I hope you are all home and doing well today!

32. babymOmmax2

Another Update : Unfortunately, he won't be coming home tonight.. tomorrow looks grim as well. He is acting like he is feeling better & wants to get up and move around but since he is highly contagious (from the RSV part) & because of the IV & oxygen treatments, he is unable to stroll the halls so he is getting aggravated. He still isn't holding food down, so they can not let him go until so. Ahhh.. I was so praying it would be behind us tonight.. keep you posted.

33. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(babymOmmax2 @ Apr 6 2009, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1261763[/snapback]
    Another Update : Unfortunately, he won't be coming home tonight.. tomorrow looks grim as well. He is acting like he is feeling better & wants to get up and move around but since he is highly contagious (from the RSV part) & because of the IV & oxygen treatments, he is unable to stroll the halls so he is getting aggravated. He still isn't holding food down, so they can not let him go until so. Ahhh.. I was so praying it would be behind us tonight.. keep you posted.

Sorry to hear! Sending lots of hugs your way! He's in the best hands right now! And thanks for keep us updated!

34. sthomas81

sthomas81 Well-Known Member

I hope little Angelo feels better soon!!

35. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am sorry that he didnt make it home. I hope today is a much better day for him. :hug: