Announcing genders...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TrishaLinn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

We're getting REALLY excited about our anatomy ultrasound coming up in 10 days (yes... I have had a count down for a while now). We're hoping these babies will cooperate and open up their legs so we can find out their genders. Assuming that they do cooperate, we'd like to come up with a fun, creative way to announce the genders to our friends and family. Any ideas?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

With my twins, I went to a flower shop (florist) and picked up 1 pink & 1 blue carnation and surrounded them by white carnations. Gave it to my mom. Everyone else I just called. :) With my son, I picked up a blue pointsettia. :) Have fun!

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh the possibilities are endless!

What I would have LOVED to do...

1.) You could either have it be a secret, or not, up to you... Have the sex of the babies written down on a piece of paper(if it's a secret to you), and go to a bakery, and have them make two cakes-inside blue for a boy, pink for a girl. Then you and dh could each cut into one of the cakes and announce what you are having that way(and have some sort of get together). Or if you and dh can't wait...you could still do the cakes, and have the grandparents to be cut into the cakes and find out.

2.) Balloons...pink/blue balloons. You could have them outside the house for when people arrived, or they walked into a house filled with pink/blue balloons!

3.) Onesies-in pink/blue

4.) Flowers like Jackie said.

Have fun deciding! And make sure you tell us what you do! And I hope they cooperate! :)

4. snicker1045

snicker1045 Member

We did the cake thing and everyone loved it! I convinced the bakery at kroger to do 3 layers of cake and 2 of icing so we only had one cake. (but I did have to beg for them to do that, cause usually they only do 2 layers of cake and one of icing) One layer of inner icing was pink and one was blue, and when we cut into it everyone was so excited to find out :)

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine had the u/s tech seal up the envelope and she gave it to her cake decorator who then colored the cake to match the gender. The whole family got together and when she sliced into the cake, she found out she was having a boy...it was really neat. I think the cake said, "Which will it be, a handsome prince or lovely princess?" The cake was in the shape of a pregnant belly with those words in fodant on top, it turned out really great and it was a neat way for everyone to found out at the same time.

6. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

With my grandson, since my daughter found out the gender around Easter she sent each set of grandparents a package with a blue Easter basket, Some blue M and Ms, and a blue candy bunny. In the basket she had a slip with the baby's name( the name was a given so nothing to decide there) and his estimated arrival date. Thought that was a cute idea!!!!!!

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I have a friend that is finding out next week what she's having. They are planning to have a cake or cupcakes with blue or pink on the inside so that when people bite into the cupcakes (or cut into the cake), people will find out. It thought that was a cute idea! We were not creative at all. We just told people. lol