Announcing Jamison Grace and Jared Eli

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by candicane05, Feb 15, 2007.

1. candicane05

candicane05 Well-Known Member

So sorry for not posting earlier! My babies were born Feb 2nd (37 wks 2 days) by scheduled c-section at 2:45pm and 2:46pm. Their names are Jamison Grace and Jared Eli. Jamison was 6lbs 1oz and Jared was 5lbs 11oz. Their agpars were both 9/9 and they are beautiful! They were both waiting for me when I returned from recovery and spent every moment with me in my room. We came home on day 3 (although one of the doctors offered to discharge me on day 2). Incidentally, thank you all for your input on names. We chose Jamison for sentimental reasons - my dad's name was James. We will probably call her Jami for short. We used one of your suggestions for Jared's middle name. Eli is a short version of Elizabeth (my legal name is Elizabeth Candace).

My c-section went very well. This time around, I was in constant communcation with the Anesthetist (sp) and he was great about helping me out with the nausea, dizziness, etc. As soon as I felt nausea, he gave me something for that and on it went. There was a lot of tugging and pushing but I was prepared for that. I chose to have a tubal ligation at the same time and I haven't noticed any side effects from that. I think it only took a couple of extra minutes. As soon as they wheeled me out of the OR I started itching like crazy (again) but with a dose of benadryl, it went away in a couple of hours. I think this is a common reaction to the Morphine. I ended up getting about 20 staples and it hurt to have them removed this time around. I don't remember it hurting the last 2 times. It felt like getting a bee sting with each staple removal. The other thing that I didn't expect was how uncomfortable it was to roll over in bed. It felt like all of my organs were flopping around for the first week or so. Very weird. My babies are 13 days old now and I feel really good and can get out of my bed like normal. I even drove to my hairdressers on day 6 because a girl has to get her hair cut. I also drove myself to the doctor on day 7 because of some bladder spasms. I specifically asked him for a good reason not to drive (I was told not to drive for 4 weeks) and he told me to use my good judgement. I don't plan on going far but with 5 kids, there will be times where I HAVE to drive.

I am really enjoying this honeymoon stage. I don't remember enjoying my first set this much. I was much more anxious the first time around. Both babies are on the same schedule (a must) and seem to be really content (so far). I am hoping that colic won't rear its ugly head like it did with my first set. It nearly sent me off my rocker!

Thanks again for all your support and I wish you all well with your twins. Remember to rest as much as possible as you approach the birth of your babies. Fortunately, my doctor never put me on bedrest but I made sure that I got help with groceries and housework those last few weeks and I forced myself to lay down and nap for a couple of hours each afternoon. Perhaps that's why we made it 2 weeks longer than my first twin pregnancy. Best wishes to you all for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies!

2. candicane05

So sorry for not posting earlier! My babies were born Feb 2nd (37 wks 2 days) by scheduled c-section at 2:45pm and 2:46pm. Their names are Jamison Grace and Jared Eli. Jamison was 6lbs 1oz and Jared was 5lbs 11oz. Their agpars were both 9/9 and they are beautiful! They were both waiting for me when I returned from recovery and spent every moment with me in my room. We came home on day 3 (although one of the doctors offered to discharge me on day 2). Incidentally, thank you all for your input on names. We chose Jamison for sentimental reasons - my dad's name was James. We will probably call her Jami for short. We used one of your suggestions for Jared's middle name. Eli is a short version of Elizabeth (my legal name is Elizabeth Candace).

My c-section went very well. This time around, I was in constant communcation with the Anesthetist (sp) and he was great about helping me out with the nausea, dizziness, etc. As soon as I felt nausea, he gave me something for that and on it went. There was a lot of tugging and pushing but I was prepared for that. I chose to have a tubal ligation at the same time and I haven't noticed any side effects from that. I think it only took a couple of extra minutes. As soon as they wheeled me out of the OR I started itching like crazy (again) but with a dose of benadryl, it went away in a couple of hours. I think this is a common reaction to the Morphine. I ended up getting about 20 staples and it hurt to have them removed this time around. I don't remember it hurting the last 2 times. It felt like getting a bee sting with each staple removal. The other thing that I didn't expect was how uncomfortable it was to roll over in bed. It felt like all of my organs were flopping around for the first week or so. Very weird. My babies are 13 days old now and I feel really good and can get out of my bed like normal. I even drove to my hairdressers on day 6 because a girl has to get her hair cut. I also drove myself to the doctor on day 7 because of some bladder spasms. I specifically asked him for a good reason not to drive (I was told not to drive for 4 weeks) and he told me to use my good judgement. I don't plan on going far but with 5 kids, there will be times where I HAVE to drive.

I am really enjoying this honeymoon stage. I don't remember enjoying my first set this much. I was much more anxious the first time around. Both babies are on the same schedule (a must) and seem to be really content (so far). I am hoping that colic won't rear its ugly head like it did with my first set. It nearly sent me off my rocker!

Thanks again for all your support and I wish you all well with your twins. Remember to rest as much as possible as you approach the birth of your babies. Fortunately, my doctor never put me on bedrest but I made sure that I got help with groceries and housework those last few weeks and I forced myself to lay down and nap for a couple of hours each afternoon. Perhaps that's why we made it 2 weeks longer than my first twin pregnancy. Best wishes to you all for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies!

3. JessicaD

JessicaD Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! [​IMG]

4. hammondsquared

hammondsquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! [​IMG]

5. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Glad everything went well!

6. momof2boys+twins

momof2boys+twins Active Member

Congrats! I am planning on getting a tubal ligation also during my c-section. Did it take a long time or just a few extra minutes? Just something I have been wondering. Congrats again on the birth of your babies!

7. momoften

momoften Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your SECOND set of twins. You are truly blessed.

8. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

Impressive and amazing!!!! Beautiful names! [​IMG]]
    Merijo

9. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Thanks for checking in!

Please be careful with the driving. I was not allowed to drive until my 6 week follow up. It was difficult because I had to go daily to my OB for blood pressure checks (had to find someone to watch the babies and someone else to drive me) and of course the well visit checks. There are reasons why driving is restricted, the docs don't just give the limitation because they want to make us insane. Please take the directions seriously.

10. candicane05

quote:
    Originally posted by momof2boys+twins:
    Congrats! I am planning on getting a tubal ligation also during my c-section. Did it take a long time or just a few extra minutes? Just something I have been wondering. Congrats again on the birth of your babies!

I didn't think it took very long at all. Maybe only a couple of extra minutes. I don't think I've noticed any side effects - although I did feel what I think were organs flopping around for the first week or so. Be sure it is what you want. It isn't a decision you should take lightly. Best wishes!

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Candace, congratulations on the birth of Jamison and Jared! I hope you are all doing well! [​IMG] to the FY Board!

12. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!! Glad to hear that things went so well and that you are all adjusting!!!!

13. hallewood*n*twins

hallewood*n*twins Well-Known Member

[​IMG] YAY!!!! Way to go Candace!! I hope everything continues to go wonderfully and you all adjust quickly from a party of five to a party of seven! You almost have your own baseball team. I LOVE LOVE LOVE their names! [​IMG]

Welcome to the world Jamison [​IMG]

Welcome to the world Jared [​IMG]

14. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Candace -you are my HEROINE. Five kids: two sets of twins?? AMAZING.

Glad the birth went well, and i, too, love the names! Enjoy your peanuts (and, as Dianne said, please be careful about driving or doing too much)

Twins on a schedule already? You GO, Woman!

15. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [​IMG] sweet babies!!!!

I am so glad that you are doing so well!!

16. masonsmommy

masonsmommy Member

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything is going so well!

17. momof2boys+twins

momof2boys+twins Active Member

quote:
    Originally posted by candicane05:
    quote:
    Originally posted by momof2boys+twins:

I didn't think it took very long at all. Maybe only a couple of extra minutes. I don't think I've noticed any side effects - although I did feel what I think were organs flopping around for the first week or so. Be sure it is what you want. It isn't a decision you should take lightly. Best wishes!

Thanks! I was kinda worried about that but it sounds like it should be fine. Make sure you take it easy on yourself and congrats again.

18. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] What a mom!! COngratulations on your second set of twins!!

19. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! You are absolutely my hero and I can only hope to make it as far as you do. [​IMG]

20. AmyD

AmyD Well-Known Member

What a full house you have!! Congrats!!

21. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your babies x

22. Nonni2two

Nonni2two Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your newest sweeties! [​IMG]

23. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations Candace! [​IMG]

24. 2flowers

2flowers Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins!! Those are nice weights and I love the names.
    Good idea about getting your hair cut. I plan on doing the same after my little ones finally get here. [​IMG]

25. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!

26. Bradysmom1002

Bradysmom1002 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Sounds like everything went great! Hope things continue to go smoothly.