Announcing Mia Elizabeth & Lauren Maria!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by carrie-, Aug 31, 2011.

1. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

Hi all -

This is the first time I've checked in here since June... I was out of work from June 1 on and not online much. Heading back to work soon so will have a little more time to check in!

So - my second set of girls arrived safe & sound on June 26, 2011 via scheduled C section. Mia Elizabeth was 7 lbs 5 oz and came out first - was supposed to come out second but kicked her foot out so they grabbed her first. She was very impatient! And then Lauren Maria was 7 lbs 1 oz, literally 15 seconds later - so both were born at 12:30pm!

Everything about the second time around was easier. No pre-eclampsia, thank goodness! The babies right off the bat were better eaters and sleepers than their older sisters. Now they are 9 weeks old and taking one overnight bottle at around 2am, otherwise sleep from 9pm to about 5/6am. I can't complain about that!!!

Big sisters Sami & Gabby haven't been too bothered by the new arrivals. They were still too little to notice, really - perhaps a little whine when Daddy or Mommy is feeding one of the babies, but we'll pick them up and hold them on the other side of our laps and they "help" by holding the bottle with us.

I know it will be another big adjustment going back to work, but so far we are making this work. We are very blessed.

Hope you all are doing well - anyone else out there expecting their second set of twins?

Carrie

1 person likes this.
  2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad to hear it's going soooo well! Pics??

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay! Glad everything is going well. :)

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your healthy baby girls and a smooth first few weeks! I hope you have some more time for everyone to adjust and enjoy before you head back to work.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congrats Carrie!! :wub: :wub: It sounds like everyone is doing great!!

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Glad it is going so much better this time! Beautiful names!

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

COngrats! I am glad everyone is doing so well.

8. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Congrats, those were some big twins.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your girls!!

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on your little girlies!

11. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your second set of twins. What a nice family!

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I have been wondering how you were doing!!! I am glad you are back!

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! :wub:

14. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

Congrats, I too had been wondering how you were doing. Some one had even posted a thread if anyone had heard from you!

15. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!! :wub: :wub:

I have to share...my SIL has nieces named Lauren and Mia (sisters!) and Mia's middle name is Elizabeth! :wub: :wub:

16. Kaciald

Kaciald Active Member

Congratulations!!!

17. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

Hope you are all doing well!

18. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! I am glad everything is going well!

19. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I am so glad to hear everything is going well. Actually at one point this summer I went and checked on your profile to see your recent postings, thinking I missed your birth announcement :). I am glad to hear your older daugthers are taking it so well also :). Good luck and keep us posted about your family.