Annoying habits your kids have got from your s/o or you

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

This is driving me nuts!!! Dh has that really annoying habit to 'shhh' me when I am telling him something he doesn't like. Seriously p*sses me off because it's so rude. Well, DD started doing the same thing a month ago... if I tell her no, or later, or something she doesn't want to hear, she just says 'shh'. Drives me nuts.

The only good thing about it is when she does the same thing to dh, he got that one coming :rotflmbo:

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My DH says "Whats the difference?" a lot when we are discussing things. Now I have two 3 1/2 year olds arguing with me saying "Mommy what's the difference?!" ALL.THE.TIME! :wacko:

3. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

they haven't done it to me, but i often hear lorien yell at her sister, "Arwen!! Are you kidding me?" :laughing:

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

They will now tell me they are busy when I ask them to do something. Mostly because they come at me with 573457979 requests when I'm right in the middle of something, so I'll say, "Hang on one second. I'm busy."

So now I'll tell/ask them to do something and they'll say, "No, I busy Mommy." :laughing: :aggressive:

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine say "Are you kidding me??" all the time too, they picked that up from my husband.

Their biological father has an annoying habit of singing to himself which now one of my kids does all the time too. I don't find it as annoying when my 5 year old does it though. :laughing:

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Both of them sing non-words to songs, like sing "bee-bee-boo-boo-bee-bee-booo" to the jeopardy theme.

All.
    The.
    Time.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Abigail will yell at Ian - "Ian don't do that - its not nice" etc...in my tone of voice!

8. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I get "shhh'd" too. Also another very annoying thing picked up from me... "huh?" when ever a question is asked or they don't know how to answer a question.

9. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

My older son says "what the heck!" randomly :)