Another 1st Bday post (theme)

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommymauro, Mar 31, 2009.

1. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

So I have been speaking w/ my buddies about the theme for the boys first birthday… I have two boys (who I think are very cute)… Well my DH old secretary (who lives in another state now) sent us these cute black T shirts that say “Lock up Your Daughters”… and DH thinks we should make that the theme … jail/locks, black and white… I first felt weird about it because I have friends who have daughters and I could hear them grumbling… BUT they wont be at the party… we are only having a family thing, so I thought why not, family will all get the cute joke angle … I can easily get black streamers and use them as “bars” and take pic (of them in the shirts) for the cake and have black stripes put on it… but that’s it… any of you creative ladies have any “jailbird” ideas… for the party?

Thanks in advance :hug: ,

Elizabeth

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I don't have any ideas, just wanted to say I love the theme!!! Too funny!!! And very original!

Dianna

3. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Opps :blush: sorry I posted in the Parent :umm: … I did it w/ a dude in my lap :babyflips: and forgot I wasn’t in 1st year :rolleyes: … thanks for moving me ^_^

4. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

:rofl: Elizabeth that is to darn cute! i have to see those shirts! and those party pics!

5. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

awe too cute....well I am not creative either but I wanted to do thing 1 and thing 2 but I can't find the decor anywhere or even online.....so I'm thinking I'm just going to go with the boring Two Pea's in a Pod and maybe I can find Thing 1 and 2 stuff by next year...

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

What a cute idea! I can't think of anything else right now, but you might want to browse the wedding section at Party City or something. You know how they have "ball and chain" things for weddings/bachelor/bachelorette parties? Maybe just looking at some stuff would spark some idea. What does a warden wear? You and DH could dress like wardens. :D

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is a cute idea! You could play songs like 'Jailhouse Rock', get some black balloons, maybe some masks (my BF did an Incredibles party for her son and they had the eye masks like the Incredibles wore, you could try that as masks). Very creative party idea!