Another Idenical or fraternal question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by haleystar, Oct 20, 2010.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

So people have been asking numerous things lately...

"Are they identical?"
    "Boy, girl twins?"

So the first question that I have is this...

Do my boy twins look ID or FRAT

Then I get these comments from multiple people...

"You can see both you and Brian in those boys. They look so much like both of you, I can't believe"

What do you guys think about that comment, would you agree or disagree, etc?

So here's the pic

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/exzallia/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

2. vyckie72

vyckie72 Well-Known Member

Based on this one picture they look fraternal. But for sure they are a great combination of you and your husband.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I'd say ID because they have the same eyes/hair/nose but it's hard to say on that picture as the angle isn't the same at all.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with this...keep in mind that I stink at telling whether or not same sex twins are ID or frat (the Olsen twins still confuse me to this day)...but your boys are a good mix of your and your husband...I can see both of you in them. You have a beautiful family :wub:

5. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

I have to say fraternal but they def have alot of both of you!! no denying they are your kids :)

6. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Hard to say if they're ID or frat; do you know their blood types?

I will say that they are a super cute mashup of both you and your DH!! :D

7. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

They look fraternal to me. Very cute, no doubt!!

8. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

It's hard to say from the pic you posted. I have pics where mine look nothing alike .. but then I have pics where I can hardly tell who's who.
    Post a pic of them together !!

Btw .. they are adorable !! I think they are a happy mix of the two of you.

9. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Very cute! My vote based on those pics is fraternal! And totally look like you and hubby!

10. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I would say they are fraternal based on the pictures. Would help to see more pics. They are very cute for sure!

11. carries lads

carries lads Member

Hi what cutties id say frat. i think one is like you and the other like your hubby !

12. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Got anymore pics? Side by side shots? It's hard to tell. But cute for sure!

13. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Since we are FB friends and I have seen tons of pics I will say that they are definitely ID!!!

14. haleystar

Thanks ladies :)

Here are some more pictures and some side by sides.

My link

We were told by the peri that they were ID. They share blood types, their teeth are coming in exactly the same way on both of them. They are the same height. Eyes, nose, lips, cheeks and jaw structures are the same. I think they smile differently.

15. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

Based on the photos with the fire helmets... they look ID to me! I have ID girl twins (had them tested because I doubted it) and to me they look different. Every once in a while though, I'll see an expression on one, that looks like her sister.

16. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

Another FB friend that says ID!

17. Moodyzblu

I say ID based on the pics ! :)

18. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

Didn't they share a placenta??? For some reason I thought your guys were monochorionic...

Anyway - I digress....

I'm awful at this too - I can't even decide with my own boys! LOL Going by the collage of pics of just them tho, I'd have to say ID..

19. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

i think they look id. my girls are id but currently jessy has straight hair and jazz has curly. Shows how differently dna gets processed

20. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Yup, still looking ID to me.

21. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

They look identical to me and so cute :)

22. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure by the first link but after looking at the 2nd I'd say ID for sure! They're adorable!

23. haleystar

Thanks ladies.

During our ultrasound trips and peri trips they *said* they shared a placenta but as the boys get older I swear they look nothing alike. Immediately I know who is who even if they are wearing the same outfits. I guess it's just cause I'm their Mom :)

And thanks for all the comments about them being adorable. :wub:

24. ChaoticMum

That was us too - we were always told they shared, but I never saw the placenta and it was never sent away as far as I know.

My boys are the opposite - I am having a harder time telling them apart as they get older...*sigh*

25. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I can never tell your boys apart on facebook. My vote is 100% identical and soooo cute!!! I used www.dnasolutions.com for testing our boys. Only $99.

26. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Can I play too? :)
    I say ID!!!
    Also, you can always just give a call to the peri or OB and ask what the pathology report said about the placenta. If I had done that, I would have saved myself the $100.

27. JenKik

JenKik Well-Known Member

Totally IDENTICAL! I can never tell your boys apart when you post pictures on Facebook! :)

28. haleystar

You ladies are so funny. I think it's terribly easy to tell them a part with the Facebook pictures but I guess it's just me. On Halloween when they were dressed a like, forget it. I didn't know who was who to save my life! I just randomly called their names until someone responded...lol

1 person likes this.
  29. Moodyzblu

This is us too ! It was easy when they were babies .. but as they got older .. I actually have asked them "which one are you ??" :laughing:

30. ChaoticMum

Oh thank the Lord I'm not the only one who will have to do that!LOL They have a birthmark that is mirrored, but as they get older its harder to see. The ONLY other thing we can see is Z has a strange mark on his ribcage that Lane doesn't have at all.

31. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

That's the way it is here too! The only way I can really tell is one is a weighs about a pound and a half more than the other and you can tell at this age. MOST of the time I can tell but once in awhile I have to ask too lol

32. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My vote is for ID!! :good:

33. SC

SC Well-Known Member

I requested the (free) pathology report from the hospital, even after multiple ultrasounds confirmed mono/di.
    My boys did have TTTS, but do look very different.
    The pathology report confirms that there was one placenta, suspicious for TTTS, and that this was a mono/di pregnancy.
    Like a pp said, it can save you some $$$ if you're considering testing (or you may just want it for your own information--I request a lot of my/their medical records because you don't always get all of the details from the docs).

34. ChaoticMum

Anyone know if they do this pathology on placentas in Canada too? I never had my 6wk pp check with OB - so last time I saw her was in surgery and my GP didn't get any copies of any path reports here in my home town.