Another milestone -- longest separation

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Mama_Kim, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Well, Brian and Craig have reached another "twin" milestone in my eyes. Brian left Saturday afternoon for Chattanooga and the State TSA Competition (remember the pics of him from the regional competition?) and will be returning Wednesday afternoon. It is the longest he and Craig have ever been apart from each other.

Brian was uncharacteristically quiet and visibly apprehensive about getting on that bus Saturday afternoon. He sounds okay now that he's been there and is busy, but I think he really misses Craig. He's rooming with three boys he does not know very well but sounds as if he's made some new friends.

Craig is totally lost without him this week. Thank God for Sean. Sean has let Craig bunk in with him every night since Brian left. [​IMG]

Now mind you, neither one of them will EVER admit to missing their brother, but actions speak louder than words. Much louder. [​IMG]

Oh, and for the record, I miss him terribly. [​IMG] But glad he's had the opportunity to compete at State!

2. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Brian! It must be weird for everyone having one of the kids gone that long. I bet you're all happy he'll be home today! [​IMG]

3. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

Oh wow! MAJOR milestone in my eyes too!!! Michael doesn't even like being separated from Isiah at school and they've been separated now for 3.5 months! I hope he had a good time and made some new friends. I bet they were SO happy to see each other when Brian got home though. [​IMG] (And everyone else too!)

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! I missed this because I was away. Wow, that is a milestone. You know, I hadn't thought about that inevitable separation yet! [​IMG] It sounds like Brian and Craig handled it just fine, even though they clearly missed each other! Good Sean...a fine big brother!

In other news...how did the State competition itself go? Was Brian pleased with his experience?

5. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Yes, Renée, he had a terrific time! Thanks for asking. His events placed 2nd and 3rd in the state, so he was quite pleased, as were his beaming parents!

6. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

WOW!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Way to go Brian!!!!!!!