antibiotics & rash on legs?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jcs, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jcs

jcs Well-Known Member

Sarah is on antibiotics for an ear infection. She had terrible diarrhea and diaper rash about 3 days after we started the medication, we took care of that with bland diet and lots of desitin, but the rash that was in her diaper area seems to be moving down her legs. Is this normal? I assumed it was part of the diaper rash, but now I am thinking it might be something else. Looks kind of like measels on her legs, her diaper area is fine now. Anyone experience this?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I dont know. I would call the Ped and see if that is a known type of rash or if they might want to see her.

3. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

I would call the pedi. sounds sorta like a yeast infection that has spread.

4. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Actually, that sounds like a reaction to the med. That's how my kids who are allergic to amoxicillin's reaction started. However, sometimes amoxicillin will cause a reaction similar to that without neccessarily being an allergy. I'd ask the doc. But, I'd get her in asap, because if it is a allergic reaction, you need to stop that med and get a new one.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Mar 25 2009, 06:59 AM) [snapback]1243457[/snapback]
    Hmmm, I dont know. I would call the Ped and see if that is a known type of rash or if they might want to see her.

I was thinking this as well.

Last year Emilie had a reaction to amoxicillin, and she had it before and was fine, and just had a small rash on her face. I'd call the ped if I were you.