Any new shows?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aeliza, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Are there any new favorite live shows you've started watching? How about on Netflix/Amazon/internet TV?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me!
    I tried to get into Gotham and I just couldn't.  The actor who plays the Penguin does a terrific job, but I feel like he ate the show (kind of like Urkel in Family Matters) and I stopped watching.  I am going to give the second half of Outlander a chance, I enjoyed the books but the first half of the show really didn't do anything for me.
    However, I have been watching Empire and it is really good.  Taraji P Henson is ripping it up as Cookie Lyons.  
    I am looking forward to two new Netflix shows: The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with Elle Kempler from the Office and Daredevil with Charlie Cox. I believe both will be available at some point this month.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Empire! Nancy is right, Cookie is AMAZING!

Gotham has a soft spot in my heart... My husband doesn't readily like it, either, but can't turn away when it's on. Also, Jada Pinkett-Smith is mesmerizing.

The Goldberg's and blackish make me laugh each week long enough to pause the DVR to not miss the next joke.

4. kingeomer

Michelle, some of the stuff Cookie says, I have to pause the TV.  She gets some great lines and you can tell Taraji really enjoys the part very much. Definitely different than her buttoned down character on Person of Interest.  I have to say the whole cast is very good though!
    Jada was a bright spot on Gotham for me.  

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

It was perfect that the new season of House of Cards started the week after the last episode of Parks and Rec.  That hole in my life is now filled :) 

6. kingeomer

Leighann, I am going to miss Parks and Rec!

7. Maisie7881

Maisie7881 Member

I've also started watching House of Cards and watching it whenever the time allows.

8. kingeomer

I've been having a hard time getting into Daredevil.  And I think I might be out of Outlander, the show really isn't doing it for me :(

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I just started watching Halt and Catch Fire.  Its really good and there are some very interesting strong female characters.

10. kingeomer

I am glad to read this Leighann.  I was thinking about watching that one since I've read good things about it.

11. Thomas

Thomas Member

I've just started watching The 100 and im hooked.  Its like a sci-fi version of Lost

12. kingeomer

I have heard about the 100.  Some other new shows I have been enjoying...speaking of Lost...is Colony on USA.  It stars Josh Holloway from Lost and Sarah Wayne Callies from The Walking Dead and Prison Break, the executive producer is Carlton Cuse from Lost.

I still have to finish the BBC production of War and Peace.  I cannot stand the Andrei and Helene characters.

I think I gave up on Daredevil and Outlander.  But absolutely loved The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt  and Jessica Jones.

I am hoping season 6 of Game of Thrones is better than season 5.