Any reason I shouldn't cut the netting out of a boy's swimsuit?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sue1968, May 27, 2008.

1. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

Ben can't stand the netting on the inside of his swimsuit. He was fine with it last year but now he apparently finds it very uncomfortable. So, after a whole lot of whining and complaining (we were going out to use the baby pool), I just took a pair of scissors and cut it all out so the swimsuit wears like a pair of shorts. I can understand why a man might need the extra support, but does a boy really need it?

2. FlutterbyKisses

FlutterbyKisses Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head I can't think of any reason why a little boy would need it. I'd say that if he likes it without just the netting out. :) Hope he's happier!

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

if he's wearing a swimmy dipe anyway then I doubt he needs the "support" otherwise he may want to wear a pair of underwear just for propriety's sake (showing off the goodies to the neighbors type of thing)

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

This may sound gross, but I wouldn't do it, simply because the netting can "catch" an accident.

5. FlutterbyKisses

FlutterbyKisses Well-Known Member

I can see what you guys are saying. I would second the underwear wearing.

6. Sue1968

QUOTE(AmynTony @ May 27 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]796133[/snapback]
    if he's wearing a swimmy dipe anyway then I doubt he needs the "support" otherwise he may want to wear a pair of underwear just for propriety's sake (showing off the goodies to the neighbors type of thing)

This occured to me, too, but the swim trunks are almost to his knees and you'd have to work pretty hard to actually see anything. He needs to wear these to preschool this summer because they do sprinkler time every day and they visit the swimming pool once each week. (They change into dry clothes once they're done.) I'll let him wear undies with them if he wants to and he can change out of them afterward.

7. Sue1968

QUOTE(sharongl @ May 27 2008, 08:35 PM) [snapback]796140[/snapback]
    This may sound gross, but I wouldn't do it, simply because the netting can "catch" an accident.

I don't even want to think about that! Fortunately, he hasn't had that kind of accident in quite some time. With my luck, it will happen in his suit :rolleyes:.

8. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Go for it.

9. McGillie

McGillie Well-Known Member

I cut it out of my boys' trunks last year for daycare. They are still in swim diapers and it worked just fine. No problems at all.

10. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

This sounds awful by my DH cut all the netting out of his swim trunks. He hates it. And I think he needs lots of support. :spiteful:

11. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I don't think young boys need the netting. It is a pain in the you know where! Go for it! Cut it out if it makes him happier, and easier for you to get him into it.

Bridget
    [/SIZE]

12. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sharongl @ May 27 2008, 08:35 PM) [snapback]796140[/snapback]

As I was reading each one, I was beginning to wonder why? Now I know.......just didn't think of it! Even the grown up swim trunk has to have one too? I had to laugh at that one!

D, w/Rianna and Justin