Any success?

Discussion in 'General' started by silver_stardust, Dec 21, 2010.

1. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any success with tightening loose skin or losing all or most of the "c-section" pouch??? I'm thinking ahead to when I can kick my butt into gear and get a move on with exercising. Any tips or success stories out there???? Any creams or lotions that helped with the loose skin? Is a tummy tuck the only way to get my old stomach back? I used to weigh 125-130lbs and am 5'6". I'm currently 147lbs post #2 pg (2 weeks out). I'm hoping more will just fall off but I'm thinking that part is coming to a fast halt. Please share your success stories with me!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays!

:th_holidayhug:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wish I had one :blush: But my problem is that I was overweight before I got pregnant, so now I probably will always have a pooch there regardless of how much weight I lose. I hope someone will post a success story for you :hug:

1 person likes this.
  3. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you. The less I weigh, the more the skin just hangs. Totally fun..... :pig:

1 person likes this.
  4. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that'll be my reality too .... boo. I wish they would figure out a way to help those that have had c/s or have loose skin other than a tummy tuck. sniffle, sniffle.

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I haven't had a c/s but my tummy is looking horrible right now. I'm hoping it goes back to normal somewhat on its own although I know it will never be the same.

6. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

I've been working out steadily since last July and eating better (not great mind you) but certainly healthier. I've noticed an overall difference (lost inches along the way) and people have told me they can see the difference, etc...but my twin skin is there too...just hangs, ick. It's gone down some but it's loose skin and I don't see how diet and exercise alone will get rid of it.

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had a c-section and mine is still here. I am training for a half marathon (second in less than 6 months) and run several times a week and can not get rid of mine or the twinskin that goes along with it. I have tried the crunches and situps, but have not been very vigilent. Maybe if I did more of those it might tighten up a bit.

8. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think a lot of it has to do with how elastic your skin is. The elasticity of your skin is dependent on a few things; age, hydration, and collagen are the three things I kind of remember. If you pinch the skin on your knuckles then release it and it immediately goes back to normal, you're pretty elastic, but if not, then the elasticity in your skin is starting to disappear.

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Gee, thanks. That's all I needed to read, more ways to figure out things on my body is disappearing :faint:

10. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Seriously???! Well, crap! It's hopeless for me. I pinched the skin on my knuckles and it's still 'standing' straight up . . . I stopped watching after 30 seconds (yes, I'm a dork, I actually timed it!).

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

This is what happened to me. :( I went with a tummy tuck :good:

That is SO cool.... I'm very elastic. :D Like a superhero! :woohoo: :laughing:

12. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I had a tummy tuck so I am no help. I actually had a abdominal hernia of 7 cm (almost 3") so it was fully covered by insurance here. When they opened me up, it turned out that my muscles were so weak and stretched, that I needed an implant / mesh. The surgeon said that no exercise in the world would have solved my problem. I had lost all the weight, fit the same clothes (though less comfortably) and was always hiding the little melon. I had it done almost a year ago and would never regret it, would have paid for it as well, if I had to. I waited 3 years and when everything failed, I bit the bullied. Best thing of 2010!

1 person likes this.
  13. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Eliza-Stretch Armstrong.

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I may have people start calling me that. :blink: Too weird? :pardon: