anybody believe it?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by liliana, Mar 11, 2011.

1. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

next friday, will be full moon and it will be my birthday, too! Many people believe the moon has someting to do with going into labor!
    The strange thing, my first pregnancy I went into labor and it was new moon, and the hospital was full!
    If this was true, I will be happy that my babies could born on my birthday, it was a kind funny, since I found out I was pregnant on my husband's birthday and now they born on my birthday!!!!

Does anybody believe the moon can influence the labor?

2. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but you'll be about 37 weeks at that point and that would be awesome if you went into labor! It would be fun to have big birthday parties... my daughter was born 6 days before my birthday so I was home trying to figure out nursing while celebrating my dinner with good take out food. :)

3. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

There is some evidence of this based on the cycles of the moon, gravitational pull and all that... That being said, my last baby was due October 28, 2010. The full moom phase was Oct 23, but you know it stays "full" for a few days or so. He was born Octber 25th. I say sure it was the full moon!

4. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The night I went into labor the nurses said "ahhh the full moon does it every time..." So assume my babies were born on full moon night!
    Good luck!

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wikipedia'd it and there have been studies where the increase in births has gone up 1% at a full moon, it's also gone up before the full moon and after. There isn't any conclusive evidence either way, but I like old wives tales, so I'll buy it!

6. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Ha I didn't know until today it's also a "super moon" now that might have a greater impact! They said it can with natural events like earthquakes and such!

7. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I hadnt heard either till now. Very interesting though :)

8. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

i am still here very pregnant!!! Nothing happens to me!