Anybody get a home doppler?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by CatzMeow, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CatzMeow

CatzMeow Member

I bought a doppler for home use, mostly for my peace of mind between appointments. Well, it arrived yesterday and I had to test it out. I knew that it might be hard to find the heartbeats since I am only 10 weeks and I do have a little bit of "fluff" on my abdomen! After 15 minutes of searching, I almost decided to put it away for the day, and then I found one of the heartbeats! It was so cool to hear it again! I had to be in just the right spot to hear it though; if I moved the probe just a hair to the right or left, I couldn't pick it up very well. I searched a little while longer for the other baby but wasn't able to pick up anything. I'm guessing it's because one of them is actually hiding right behind the other one - at least that's how they were positioned at my ultrasound.

Did anyone else get a doppler for home use? How far along were you when you could pick up both heartbeats? I promised my DH I'd only use it once or twice a week, so as not to get obsessive! :rolleyes:

2. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I had one. I started using it around 12 weeks after my doctor already found the heartbeat. I didn't know I was pregnant with twins until 20weeks so I didn't try to find two heartbeats until then and then, it was easy to find two distinct heartbeats.

I used it for peace of mind when I wasn't sure if I was feeling both babies move. It was worth it to me to be able to just 'check in' and make sure all was well instead of worrying.

3. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

I wished I did have one at times when I was preggo! It's hard between appointments you freak yourself out over if there was enough movement each day and was it A or B. But I would imagine until they are a little bigger and farther apart it might be hard to get separate heartbeats but you will be a pro before long! ;)

4. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

I bought one around 13 weeks and used it in between doctors appointments as my appointments were every 4 weeks, which was too long! Let me tell you, it was a life saver, days when I had a 'bad feeling' and thought of going to L & D, all I had to do was use the doppler and once I heard the heartbeats, my mind was settled.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We rented one from an online site. It was very reassuring in between appts. I think we got it around 10 weeks and were able to consistantly get hb's around 12 weeks.

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I had one. It was a great comfort to be able to hear them in between Dr appt's.

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I rented one also. I don't remember when I got it, but it was early, at least in my first trimester. After a second trimester loss, I wanted reassurance. I kept it the whole pg.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had one as well, and it was a sanity saver!

9. SC

SC Well-Known Member

I rented one from Baby Beat just so I could have peace of mind in between appts. I loved having it available, although I didn't always know if I was picking up two different heartbeats or just one (it's even hard for nurses/doctors to discern this sometimes). I limited my usage of it to a couple of times a week. I have not rented one this time around because I'm *trying* to be a little calmer and just wait for my appts :)
    If anyone is interested in renting one, I would recommend the place I dealt with. Everything went very smoothly.

10. amschonborn

amschonborn New Member

I love my doppler. I used is all the time with my first pregnancy. I am almost 11 weeks and found both heartbeats just a couple days ago - it's still not consistent or I can't find both all the time, but I love it!