anybody's breech twins turn after 34 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SeattleLisa, Jun 8, 2010.

1. SeattleLisa

SeattleLisa Well-Known Member

I really had my heart set on having a VBAC this time - I hated the c-section recovery, I had a lot of pain and I hated how foggy the pain meds made me feel. My doc has been on board as long as everyone was healthy, no complications, and Baby A was head-down. I made it clear from the start that I wouldn't argue with him for a minute if he told me that there was any medical reason why the surgery was safer for me or the babies, but that if there was no medical reason for a c-section to be necessary then my first choice was absolutely to do a VBAC - I will not choose to have unnecessary surgery. He was cool with that.

Well here we are, 34 weeks and they are both breech. My doc says if they haven't turned by 34 weeks then there is almost 0% chance that they will, and that we should go ahead and book a date for the c-section (probably at 38 weeks).

Has anybody had twins turn beyond 34 weeks? Any stories to give me a little bit of hope that a VBAC might still be possible? Am I kidding myself for continuing to hold out hope?

thanks.

2. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

Mine didn't turn & both were breech. Twin a stayed breech from 24 weeks on but surprisingly my c section was an absolute breeze this time for whatever reason.

3. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

My Baby B turned at least 5 times between 31w and delivery, but Baby A was locked in the vertex position the whole third tri.

4. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

This time around our boys flipped at 34 weeks and 35 weeks. A flipped to vertex at 34 weeks and B flipped to vertex during labor at 35 weeks. So it's entirely possible that they can flip!

5. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped flipping around at 34 weeks. They both were vertex and I ended up with a scheduled c-section at 37.6 weeks. My cervix was not changing and had no signs of laboring on my own and my Dr's didn't recommend inducing b/c of the complications associated with a twin uterus. I agree the c-section recovery is horrible and I hope you are able to have a successful VBAC. Good Luck!

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I had one twin (baby A) turn from breech to vertex at 35 weeks. My twin B turned from vertex to breech at 38 weeks. There is still time for them to change, but I don't know how common it is. I was able to have a successful vag. delivery. I hope you can too.

7. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Baby A was locked and loaded from 30 weeks on head down, and Baby B flipped all 5 times between 30 weeks and delivery at 39 weeks. He ended up going head down, I was in labour for 21 hours and then ended up with the dreaded c-section. booooo

8. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

I could have written your post a few months ago.

My twins were breech from 24'ish weeks onwards and didn't turn. I tried everything (spinning babies, acupuncture, moxa, homeopathy, flashlights, music) and A just wouldn't budge. My OB said it was unlikely that they would have room to turn after 32 weeks. :(

I hope your turn though.

BUT, if you do have a section, know that it's much easier the second time around.