Anyone dilated a lot in the last couple weeks ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hemmymomma, Oct 27, 2009.

1. hemmymomma

hemmymomma Active Member

I am just wondering if any of you out there were dilated for awhile before your twins were born ? I am asking because I am 4cm dilated, 60 % effaced and baby A is at a 0 station and I have frequent contractions daily. My dr. doesn't expect me to go much longer. but I am just wondering if there are any other women who have a similar story and when they delivered etc... Is there a point where they would induce me since my labor could go too fast ? I have orders to stay close to the hospital because I have a history of very fast labors and my dr. thinks if I went home that I wouldn't make it to the hospital. ( I live an hour and a half away ). I see him tomorrow so we will definitely be discussing all this but I would love to hear from other women ! I know someone who was dilated to 4 at 34 weeks, then 4 1/2 at 35 weeks, then 5 at 36 weeks and was induced at 37 weeks because they were afraid her labor would go too fast. Anyone else ? Thanks !

2. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Well, I was on bedrest from 28 weeks until I delivered (at 35 weeks, 4 days) because my cervix had thinned to 4 mm in length and was 1 cm dilated. At 33 and a half weeks, my cervix was 4 cms dilated, and the day before I delivered, it was 5 cms. I was going to be admitted to the hospital until delivery, because we were worried about fast labour as well, but I ended up going into labour before that happened - luckily my labour wasn't fast this time, at least not until they broke my water! I think the bedrest was delaying labour from starting, because I had only switched from strict to modified bedrest for 3 days before delivering - just that small increase in activity was enough to get things going.

We had never talked about inducing since I wasn't full term, and we didn't think that I would go that long.

3. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I was dialated since 32 weeks, I was 4 cm at 36 and 37 weeks however no real signs of labor (my babies were measuring 6lbs range at 34 weeks so that may have had something to do with it). I never had contractions. I had to be induced at 38w2d, and I was 4 1/2 cm at the time, not a single contraction ... My labor did go fairly fast (my first took 28 hours). They started Pitocin at 6 am, broke my water at 8 am and they were born at 10.32 and 10.36 am.

4. hemmymomma

hemmymomma Active Member

Well had my appt today and I am still 4cm but I am 80 % effaced. I was 60% last week so we made a little progress ! My dr. said he wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks and he doubts I will even make it that far. So we are looking at delivering within the next 2 weeks !!! So the end is near !!! Thank you for your stories !

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: Shannon, you are almost there!!

6. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

OMG, I was dilated at 35 weeks at 4 centimeters, 85% effaced. By my induction at 38 weeks (and I tried everything to get them to come out on their own!) I was 5 centimeters dilated and 95% effaced!

7. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

This stuff is so interesting to hear. This being my first pregnancy I really had no clue that you could walk around being halfway dilated and basically fully effaced and just NOT going into labour!

At 33 weeks my cervix is still fairly long and closed and I fear that by the time I actually want them to come out that it's not going to want to budge at all...

8. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

I was 4 cm at about 36 weeks. Then at my appt at 37w 6d, found out I was 5 cm so the OB told me to go home, eat lunch, grab my bags and come back to the hospital so she could break my water. :clapping:

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

The first time it usually takes longer ... I was 1 cm for 4 weeks (37-41) with my first ...