Anyone due in June?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HappyMarquita, Dec 16, 2006.

1. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Hi I'm new hear! I was wondering what everyone's first appt was like. Also when did you guys have your first U/S? What is a scan? I'm just totally lost, every answer would be helpful. Thanks! Oh one more thing, anyone due in june? [​IMG]

2. HappyMarquita

HappyMarquita Member

Hi I'm new hear! I was wondering what everyone's first appt was like. Also when did you guys have your first U/S? What is a scan? I'm just totally lost, every answer would be helpful. Thanks! Oh one more thing, anyone due in june? [​IMG]

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi, [​IMG], and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks - I see a regular OB - they do regular ultrasounds - and a peri who does level II ultrasounds -
    which they measure the growth of the babies (growth scan) - and
    bpp (biophysical profile) which they measure heartrates, tone, fetal movement - these ultrasounds are amazing to me - they last a while
    and you can see a lot better than at the regular OB!

I started off having monthly appointments with both my OB and peri - we worked it so I actually had an appointment every 2 weeks -
    at around 26 weeks I started seeing each one every 2 weeks so we made it to where I saw the OB one week and the peri the next. since 30 weeks I have seen both once a week I go to the peri on Mondays and the OB on Thursday! I also have 3 boys (singletons) so this is not my first pregnancy - I have learned WAY more and seen the doctors and had more ultrasounds than I ever had with my boys!! this pregnancy has also been way different! I have had to stop working, ride in the wheelchair at Wal mart or the grocery store! I am larger now than I was at 40 weeks with the boys! and have been offered many more prenatal tests. but it has been an amazing journey - one that I feel so blessed to have been given!

4. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

I'm due on June 21st!!

Thus far, I've had 2 u/s. The first was at 8wks 5 days and was a standard u/s for all pregnant women. This is when we found out we were having twins. We also had an u/s at 12wks 4 days for the Nuchal Fold scan. Have you had this yet? It has to be done between 11 and 13 wks, so if not, it might be too late for you now. The Nuchal Fold is an u/s where they measure the fold in the back of the their necks to determine if it is abnormal. If the fold is too big (greater than 3mm. according to my OB)then it would be suspicious and warrant optional CVS and amnio tests. Accompanied with the Nuchal Fold is some bloodwork. Finally, the Quad Screen test completes the round of tests (for genetic disorders) at 16wks. According to my OB, this is more bloodwork.

Please note that I am not an OB and am going solely on my experience thus far (which is minute in comparision to most ladies on this board) as well as what my OB has told me. You may want to ask your OB what is available for you and ask him/her to draw you a roadmap of what you can expect in the next 6 months.

Congrats on your twins!!!

5. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

Hi I'm Ericka and I am due june 3rd. Are you having twins, and when did you find out? I wasn't supposed to have an u/s until 20 weeks but I kind of lucked out. The clinic that I had my pregnancy test done at called me because they needed women to volunteer to be models for their u/s technicians. That was at 13 weeks and that's how I found out that I was having twins. My first appointment sucked it was a bunch of questions, a pelvic exam, pap test, and a lot of blood work. I have another u/s scheduled for tommorow so I'm excited. I got to hear both of the babies heartbeats on Thursday. This is a great site, and these ladies are so helpful. Good Luck ask as many questions as you can think of!