Anyone Else have 3+ y.o. won't sit for Santa Picture?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Jersey_Girls, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

I'm kind of bummed about our attempt to get a picture with Santa yesterday. I really didn't try to push it and I never even attempted in the previous years to get a picture of the girls with him but this year my 3 1/2 year olds have been so into the holidays and actually asked to see Santa at the mall. We waited on line and Santa actually came out and shook hands and said hello and my girls were very excited and happy but after waiting 45 minutes for our turn one of my gals just sort of freaked. My other daughter was fine and sat on Santa's lap but her sister refused- she wouldn't even stand next to him- she dove under a table and hid! (now that wasn't embarassing.... [​IMG]). Now we have one picture of one of my gals with Santa and not one for the other. I know it's not a huge deal but I saw so many kids of different ages seeming to enjoy their time with Santa- sure, some babies cried but most of the 3 year olds seemed excited and happy.

Should we try again? Or do you think she just isn't ready? She is shy around strangers but often gets over it if her sister is there or once she knows the person is friendly....

Anyone else experience this? What would you do?

Thank you!!!

2. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

I'm kind of bummed about our attempt to get a picture with Santa yesterday. I really didn't try to push it and I never even attempted in the previous years to get a picture of the girls with him but this year my 3 1/2 year olds have been so into the holidays and actually asked to see Santa at the mall. We waited on line and Santa actually came out and shook hands and said hello and my girls were very excited and happy but after waiting 45 minutes for our turn one of my gals just sort of freaked. My other daughter was fine and sat on Santa's lap but her sister refused- she wouldn't even stand next to him- she dove under a table and hid! (now that wasn't embarassing.... [​IMG]). Now we have one picture of one of my gals with Santa and not one for the other. I know it's not a huge deal but I saw so many kids of different ages seeming to enjoy their time with Santa- sure, some babies cried but most of the 3 year olds seemed excited and happy.

Should we try again? Or do you think she just isn't ready? She is shy around strangers but often gets over it if her sister is there or once she knows the person is friendly....

Anyone else experience this? What would you do?

Thank you!!!

3. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Our 1st year santa photo is cute, second year I had to literally plonk them say take a photo and grab them back, last year ( 2 1/2) totally refused, so there I am on the photo stood behind santa holding my two girls. We've not done it yet this year, but I'm sure Its gonna be a struggle, they're all excited for christmas, but I know once they see that big red suit, they won't be too keen. I think I'll let hubby be on the photo this year.

If you really want one with both of them, maybe u can hold the more timid twin, or just have the photo for the memory of that's the year u hid under the table.

Let us know how u get on.

amanda (mom of jorja and jessica 3 1/2)

4. cody_conner_mommy

cody_conner_mommy Well-Known Member

one of my boys freaked out the other one was fine they will be two in a few more weeks but what we did was have them sit in santa's chair and had santa stand behind them and look down at them he had a cute little hurt look on his face and they boys did fine just sitting in his chair it took a few tries and conner climbed out the first few tries and was running to his dad but we did get a few great shots, so mabye something like that. Or if you have a sbs stroller have the girls in their stroller and santa looking over the top at them in the stroller

5. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Yes. I have a picture of Olivia with Santa. Luckily, I figured Lu would balk, and she did, so I told them not to take pictures, and took my own. Since it cost me nothing to take my own picture, it wasn't nearly as frustrating that Lu wouldn't go over. When I was 6 and my sister was 4, she wouldn't go see Santa, either, and I told him what she wanted.

6. Steven_Keirra

Steven_Keirra Well-Known Member

Keirra loved him since day one. Steve was scared of him until this year and now for some reason "Santas Stupid"... of course when I tell him thats not a nice thing to say and Santa might not bring him presents he changes his mind pretty quickly. [​IMG]

7. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

I have 1 picture of my girls with Santa, taken when they were 8 months old. Every year since, they have been terrified of getting closer than 5 feet to Santa. We went this year and Megan talked to Santa while standing a few feet away. She was thrilled to tell him she wanted a doll baby. But she freaked when I tried to get her to sit in his lap. Kayleigh wouldn't even come inside the fence. She stood on the outside and waved to him.