Anyone else have bald babies?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sbcowell, Sep 16, 2008.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My DS has hair and it is getting thicker, but DD has only a little bit of thin whispy hair! I even bought barretts to put in her hair, but ended up having to put them in DS's hair because he is the only one that has enough to keep a barrett in! I see pictures of other babies at 7-8mnths that have full heads of hair, but not my dd - is this normal?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Totally Normal!!! :) Here is a picture of my twins when they were about 8 months old!

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Jackie that picture of your lil baldies is adorable!!!

My girls have a lot of hair. They were born with a lot, then lost a lot, and then by 7 months it was growing again. HOWEVER, all my cousins' kids were lil baldies. Some still are follicularly-challenged at 2. I personally think its adorable! My girls look so grown up with all their hair and it makes me sad sometimes that they don't look like babies anymore.

Snap lots of pictures and know that someday you will have to chase your DD around the room to put in pigtails so her hair isn't in her eyes (a daily occurance around here).

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Mine had no hair until after they were one. Hang in there, it will grow eventually. I see girls the age of mine with big 'ole ponytails and I still can only put theirs up into little stubs (if they let me that is).

5. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

All mine were bald. DS2 got a haircut at age 1, all the others were 2 before they had any real amount of hair.

6. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

It's normal. Here's a pic of mine at 7 months. THey had more hair at birth...it ALL rubbed off and they were bald for awhile. Morgan had her first hair cut at 15 months and Reagan was 18 months.

Now, Olivia, she's a whole other story....she's got massive amounts of hair at 6 months and I cut 2 inches off the back at 3 months and I just trimmed her bangs the other day. They were growing all uneven down into little spikes that were in her eyes already. I'm planning on letting them grow out, but they needed evened up before that could happen.

On another note, I have a friend with 3 yo twins, they still barely have any hair!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twin neices didn't get hair until they were 2, I think it's completely normal. My girls have enough to keep a tiny barette in, but they don't have much.

8. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

LOL, of course it's normal! I swear to you that my one dd had Dr. Phil hair for the first 4 or 5 months. I tried to post pics of the different stages but it's not working for some reason. Anyway, She had hardly any hair until about 14 months and then suddenly it just grew and grew and grew. Now it's beautiful and down to the middle of her back. But until about 14 months it was super short, super thin and whispy and I couldn't even get a barette to stay in it to make her look more girly. She really did look very much like a boy and was mistaken for one all the time. It will eventually grow and before you know it, you will have the exhausting task of always having to "do" their hair to get it out of their faces!

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I sure hope it's normal! LOL! Nicholas-full head of hair! Anthony...needs Rogain-or something! LOL! Poor kid has hardly any hair-but he does have all the teeth(8 to his brother's 2!). Nicholas needs a haircut-or at least will need one-sooner than Anthony. But I want them to have it together! Is that bad? Here's a picture of their hair....And Anthony's is just starting to grow in a little bit...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/megkc03/IMG_2668.jpg

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

This thread reminded me of this SNL skit!

11. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

my girl is bald, except at the bottom in the back. lol it looks a balding old man :) sean gets held ALOT more so he's got a normal amount still, but its fine and blonde. my little sister was shiny bald til she was 3. you should see her now! shes 18 and i swear she has horse hair!

12. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

my girls are bald too! i was bald til i was 2 yrs old
    the SLN skit was hilarious! thanks for posting that:)

13. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

My boys are bald too at 9 months. I had no idea it could take so long though. I kept thinking hair was right around the corner!

14. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Isis, don't feel bad. Mine are still pretty bald, they have a thin covering of hair. According to my Mom, I did not have hair until I was almost 2 and DH says that his sister was bald until past one. He said he used to tell her that he was putting hair seeds in her hair to make it grow.

15. jentwinmom

jentwinmom Well-Known Member

Mine are 10 months and basically bald. They do have a little hair, but hardly even enough to put in a hair clip.

16. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

Mine have hair much like the pictures posted!! I've seen other babies with tons more hair, but my girls just don't have those genes. I didn't have hair until I was about 2 or 3!! I also had platinum blonde hair though, so it's possible you just couldn't see it. Anyways, don't worry about it, I'm sure all of our girls will have hair soon enough. :)

17. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

My Twins have TONS of hair.. They never really lost any. But my DD1 had no hair, but little wispys. She didnt have her first haircut until she was 2 or 3.

18. eewelks

eewelks Well-Known Member

Both of mine only have thin, wispy hair. My two yr old's hair really didn't come in until she was 18 mos!!

19. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

My girls are almost 16 months and they still don't have much hair. The way I see it is that it's one less thing to mess with. My oldest dd didn't get hair until after she was one and now she has lots of hair.

20. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

My boys are baldies, too! They're finally getting a thin layer of hair...

I thought oldest DS was a baldie, but now when I look at his 8 months pics, I see he had more hair than the twins!

I loved the SNL skit - so funny!

21. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Sep 16 2008, 07:43 AM) [snapback]982126[/snapback]
    This thread reminded me of this SNL skit!

I checked out that site. LoL, it's pretty hilarious!

22. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I loved the skit. I am so glad that I am not alone in my infantile baldness!

I really want to put cute stuff in dd's hair, but I guess I will just have to wait on that!