anyone else NOT measuring big?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kuchar, Nov 29, 2006.

1. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I had my u/s last night. The babies are 1lb 15oz and 2 lbs. So their size is good. But then I went to the doctor today and I'm only measuring 26 weeks. I'm 25 weeks 1 day today. From all of the posts I have read, most of you are measuring several weeks ahead. Is anyone else out there pretty much measuring on target? I feel so huge... it was almost dissapointing to hear 26 weeks! I know, that's wrong to say, I just thought for sure she'd say something like "wow! you're looking about 31 weeks!"
    Thanks again,
    Helen

2. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I had my u/s last night. The babies are 1lb 15oz and 2 lbs. So their size is good. But then I went to the doctor today and I'm only measuring 26 weeks. I'm 25 weeks 1 day today. From all of the posts I have read, most of you are measuring several weeks ahead. Is anyone else out there pretty much measuring on target? I feel so huge... it was almost dissapointing to hear 26 weeks! I know, that's wrong to say, I just thought for sure she'd say something like "wow! you're looking about 31 weeks!"
    Thanks again,
    Helen

3. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

I'm not measuring big either. At my appt. on Monday I was measuring 30 weeks and am 28 weeks along. That's the biggest gap I've had since being pg. Usually I'm only a week ahead. I was reassured my last u/s though when my tech said the babies were right on target and that I'm "all baby".

4. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

At my last appt, I was 28 weeks and measured 28 weeks. I have only gained 14 lbs., so I'm sure that has something to do with it. My doctor was amazed, but she wasn't alarmed at all.

As long as the babies look fine on the u/s, I guess there's nothing for us to worry about. I think we should be thankful. I can't imagine my belly getting much bigger, although I'm sure it probably will.

5. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Well, I AM measuring big, but I'm wondering if this may have anything to do with having previous pregnancies. Are these first pregnancies for both of you? Maybe that has nothing to do with it, but it's just a thought. [​IMG]

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My doctors have never measured me!! I am curious though!!!

7. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I am measuring big - 44 weeks at today's appt - but anytime people find out I'm carrying twins they always say something along the lines of, "You sure don't look it!" or "Wow, you look great for someone carrying two ..." ... it's like, what, am I supposed to be gargantuan??? Trust me, I FEEL huge. It's annoying but whatever. As long as the babies are growing fine, you don't have anything to worry about. We all look different and carry our babies differently.

8. jennlynnmahan

jennlynnmahan Well-Known Member

I have actually been measuring a week behind since my first u/s. They babies have continued at this spot and the tech told me that the same thing happened with her daughter who had IVF. As long as they are continuing to grow the same and almost on target, I am fine with it.

9. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Raneysmama:
    Well, I AM measuring big, but I'm wondering if this may have anything to do with having previous pregnancies. Are these first pregnancies for both of you? Maybe that has nothing to do with it, but it's just a thought. [​IMG]

Nope, this is my 4th pregnancy. I thought for sure I would be gigantic by this time!!! I really shouldn't complain about it... I'm sure by the end I'll be huge!

Helen

10. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My peri never measured my fundal height, so I didn't officially know whether or not I was measuring ahead. BUT, I had a friend who was 3 weeks ahead of me with a singleton and she always looked much bigger than me. People were always commenting that I didn't look like I was carrying twins - I guess everyone expected me to be much bigger!