Anyone ever used

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Heathermomof5, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Intelligencer or Bestbaby gender predictors that claim to predict the sex of your baby with urine?? I got a Bestbaby gender predictor for 9.99 off of their web site so I decided to try it. It gave me a girl prediction. I am just curious as to how accurate or not they are.

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You can get a bestbaby for free if you take the survey on their website. I took both and got boy on both and as you can see in my ticker it was accurate for me. :)
    You know with the bestbaby you have to let it sit for a week and see if the color changes.

1 person likes this.
  3. Millie&twins

Millie&twins Well-Known Member

Well, it will always have a 50% accuracy rate (so at least 50% will say, in my case it was correct)... what is it basing it's prediction on? Because as far as I know there is nothing in maternal urine that could tell the gender of the baby.
    The only really 100% accurate way is an invasive test, where the chromosomes would be seen and you would know if you have an XX or an XY baby. Ultrasound is fairly accurate, although depending on the tech it may be read wrong and experimentally they are trying to see fetal DNA in maternal blood stream in a few centres around the world and they have a fairly high accuracty, though they can only tell if it is a boy for sure, if it is a girl, the sex-chromosomes would be the same as the mother's and they would not be able to say with confidence that it is a girl, because it could be that they just did not find any fetal DNA.
    And you have 6 more weeks until the 20 week scan, where they will most probably be able to tell you... so my advice is, patience!
    M.

1 person likes this.
  4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

No I didn't know that! Thanks! I also did not know about the survey, I was just so happy to get it for 9.99 instead of 35.00! I should have paid better attention. Thanks!

Thanks! I was thinking that it would be more widely used if it were true. I would never pay full price for it nor buy another for 9.99 I was just doing it for fun really. Some people that I have read their reviews online have said that they think these urine tests are simply ph tests? I guess from a (bad) business standpoint, that may be brilliant because as you said 50 percent of their customers will be happy!