anyone found socks that actually stay on?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by eagleswings216, Dec 9, 2010.

1. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our boys are starting to walk, so I got them the socks with a bit of tread on them....but I feel like I am constantly pulling their socks back on, and it's very annoying! I've even bumped up the temp in the house a few degrees so I can leave their socks off as much as possible (but I do check their feet often to be sure they aren't cold). I've tried about a gazillion kinds of socks (different lengths, size, etc.), and they all come off frequently - Jumping Beans, Circo, Old Navy, etc., etc. Does ANYONE have socks that actually stay on?? Preferably with some sort of tread since they are just learning to walk and still a bit unsteady.

2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Trumpette.

3. nmnguyen7

nmnguyen7 Well-Known Member

We use Hanes from Target and they are AWESOME. They have the size printed on them on the bottom of the sock in the little sticky tread stuff. We use both the ankle length and the longer style and both stay on great. Word of caution- they shrink like crazy. My two wear size 6 shoes and the 2t-3t size in Hanes socks.

4. angieb1979

angieb1979 Well-Known Member

I use crew socks from Old Navy. They stay on well but don't have tread, we've been trying to keep shoes on too since they seem to be the only thing that actually makes sure the socks stay on and one of our daughters got a couple splinters (not sure where from???) in her foot?? But these socks are tight and stay on very well. Good Luck :)

5. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Robeez makes awesome socks, no tread, but they stay on!! a bit pricey, but u can find deals on them

6. eagleswings216

Thanks, ladies. I have to have something with treads - we have wood laminate floors and the boys have slipped and almost fallen a few times in the socks without treads. I will check out some of the ones you suggested.

7. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

My DS is always removing. The final straw for me was when we got off the airplane and he had bare feet--his shoes and socks all went missing en route (he was sitting by himself so I couldn't do foot patrol).

1. Tights (yes for DS too) with socks over them.
    2. Target has these cuffed socks that I unroll up to the knee (they have both boy and girl colors) and then put a shorter Hanes crew sock over them (like PP, I also buy up one size).

Having the layers on really makes it harder to tug. Hehehehe...yes my SON wears tights. :laughing: But his feet are warm! :babyflips:

And both the Target cuffed socks and the Hanes socks have treads--we too have wood floors. If their feet were bigger, I would do those skidders shoes (which start at size 4).

8. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We use the same socks and they work great :good:

9. amymarie3

amymarie3 Well-Known Member

The only ones I have found is the ones from old navy. HEREis the link for the ones for girls. I couldn't find the plain ones. They make plain white ones that have the tread on the bottom. They work really well for babies with fat ankles. I can usually find them in the stores.

10. eagleswings216

Our boys don't pull their socks off, they just come off as they are walking around....what are skidders? They wear a size 5 already, so those could possibly work.

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two HATE socks, but they will keep these SkidDERS on all day long! They rock! Walmart here has them for about $5-6 bucks I think it was. Mine wear a size 7 shoe, I bought the size 24 month skidders and they are a bit long, they can still wear them though. The size 18 month fits them perfectly!

I wish they had these when my older kids were younger! Someone said they put socks on under these too, they aren't super warm so that would probably be a good idea, however, I just use these with their jammies and they really do love them. They ask to wear their "shooooooes" in the house :D

I'm considering order the shoe ones for when we go to someone's house, so I can take their dirty runners off and put these on inside. ;)

12. Danibell

Scratch that, I just went ahead and ordered the shoe ones, I do think it'll be perfect for visiting someone's house, to slide those on over their socks after taking their shoes off! :D

13. eagleswings216

Thank you! I haven't seen them at the Wal-mart here, but I also wasn't looking for them, so I will look closer. Gabriel wears a size 5 and Michael wears a size 5.5, so I guess I need the 12 month size?

14. Danibell

Probably yeah, even the too long ones stay on their feet, they don't slide off the end, and they don't seem to trip on the ends, so if the 12 month is too big they'll still work. And their feet grow so fast it won't be long that they will fit your guys :)

15. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

These are the rubber soled Skidders. They would have worked great for us on wood floors, but they were too big. They have them at Target for about $12.

skidders