Anyone had prolonged fever while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chris247, Jun 26, 2007.

1. chris247

chris247 Member

I've had a fever for 67 days and the doctors can't find anything wrong after countless tests. Has anyone else heard of having a prolonged fever while pregnant with twins?

2. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of it.... hope the doctors can find something... or that it just goes away.

3. Janan

Janan Well-Known Member

How high is your fever? I know that I always get a low grade fever whenever my immunity is down and it doesn't mean anything. However, this hasn't happened to me since I got pregnant. I was only sick once (so far) and had a fever for a couple of days until it got pretty high. I went to the doctors and they had to put me on antibiotics for an infection. They said that your fever should not go above 101 degrees.

4. chris247

chris247 Member

QUOTE(Janan @ Jun 27 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]309296[/snapback]
    How high is your fever? I know that I always get a low grade fever whenever my immunity is down and it doesn't mean anything. However, this hasn't happened to me since I got pregnant. I was only sick once (so far) and had a fever for a couple of days until it got pretty high. I went to the doctors and they had to put me on antibiotics for an infection. They said that your fever should not go above 101 degrees.

Hi Janan,

Thanks for your response! The fever started out a little higher, between 100 and 101 for the first month and a half. Now it usually stays in the mid to high 99 range, reaching over 100 maybe once or twice a week. Whenever it gets over 100 I do my tricks I've found to get it down, or if I can't I take Tylenol. My doctors told me to try to keep it under 100. My OB says she thinks something else is wrong because she's never heard of this due to pregnancy. So I hoping to hear that other people have experienced this, because we sure can't figure out what else is wrong.

Thanks!
    Christy

5. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

yikes, I have not heard of that!

I hope that the doctors can figure out what is causing the fever.!