Anyone have a good ball pit or activity center for twins?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mommylaura, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

I was thinking my twins might enjoy a ball pit, but I noticed a lot of the reviews talk about the seams splitting, and I thought that might be more of a problem with two kids playing in it at the same time (not to mention if my 4 year old tries to climb in too!). Does anyone have any experience or products to suggest? Thanks! Laura

2. bsteg

bsteg Member

We just took an inflatable swimming pool and added over 250 balls to it. My children love climbing in and out of it. There is plenty of room for them both.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We took a plastic swimming pool and added mini-beach balls and they loved it. We have a tunnel/ball pit combo that all of them love. Like this but not primary colors.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayHut-10868-74R-Mega-Playland/dp/B0000206G9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1293237234&sr=8-2

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We have had the Mega Playland tent posted above for about 3 months now and I no longer love it. Initially it was great, though the tall middle section with basketball goal is taller on one side than the other side. And because of that our boys were all the time knocking it over on its side (the tall side), at first by accident then intentionally (heck even our cats had it on its side the first night!). Now, I guess because of it constantly falling over and the boys romping in it sideways, the darn thing is extremely "warped." It is very slanted now when I stand it upright (which I do at least 3 times a day, and it falls back over the minute the boys get in it). Also, it is VERY large. At first I took off one of the ends, but it would still barely fit in our fairly large dining room, so then I removed a tunnel too, leaving just the tall middle part, a tunnel and one end. It's an ok play tent, but I wish I had my $60 back to spend on something a little more sturdy.

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

my children LOVE their bublegum playland....it doesnt take up much room. :)

6. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My ILs had one of these for the kids when we came to visit at Christmas. My SILs kids had no interest, but my guys were OBSESSED with it! :lol: Nate loved to crawl around in the balls, and Jack liked to stand and throw balls into the top. :) They liked it so much I'm thinking of buying one for home!

7. jess323

jess323 Member

My oldest recieved a fire truck one for a gift and we had it for maybe a month and the seam split!! We tried everything to repair it but is was too difficult on the seam.