Anyone have a Jeep Side by Side Stroller?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ca2pa2005, Mar 4, 2009.

1. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

I am looking at getting a side by side stroller and so far the most affordable option I am finding is Jeep side by side stroller for under $100. The only thing that is holding me back right now is that it doesn't have a storage basket underneath. For those of you who have this stroller do you like it? Is not having a storage basket a big deal for you? Maybe I am just making it a bigger issue than it really is.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I have it. I love it for what I use it for. It is perfect for shopping trips, trips to the pedi's office, running in and out of places, etc. It folds up easily and it is easy to push. The main issue I have with it - and I don't know if it will become a problem later as mine get older - but it only has the lap belt, so if you have babies/toddlers that like to lean forward, etc. there is nothing to hold them back. My boys just sit back and enjoy the ride, so that hasn't been an issue for me (yet). It reclines separately in case you have a sleeping baby/toddler, too. And regarding the storage basket - I usually just hang a lightweight bag on the middle handle to carry the necessities. I don't use the stroller for trips to the zoo, museum, etc. b/c I like to have a drink holder, basket, etc. for all day adventures. You can't beat the price! :)

Hope that helps!

3. agolden

agolden Well-Known Member

I have this stroller in my car as my day to day one is too big for to fit so I use it to get in and out of places if it is too far to walk with my boys or doctor's offices or something. I second about the lap belt only - my boys bend over and try to play with the wheels. I also found that the sunshade doesn't work at all and interfered with the folding so I removed it. The rain/wind shield has quickly become useless. I could not survive with just this stroller but it is good for what I need it for and I'll use it for airports and such if I ever have the money to go anywhere.

4. ejiran

ejiran Well-Known Member

We have this stroller also. I agree with much of what the previous posters said. It is not an all-purpose stroller, but for something to keep in your trunk for shopping trips and getting in and out of smaller stores, it's great. It's probably not even an outdoor stroller unless you have very smooth sidewalks. We hang the diaper bag over the handles, so that works alright for storage. Our last trip to the store, we hung the diaper bag across two handles, my purse on one and the kids' coats on the other. The other things we aren't as happy with: it takes two hands to steer it and we tend to kick the center wheels in the back when we walk. This could be because we use our jogging stroller more and we can walk much closer to it.

5. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Mar 4 2009, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1213910[/snapback]
    I have it. I love it for what I use it for. It is perfect for shopping trips, trips to the pedi's office, running in and out of places, etc. It folds up easily and it is easy to push. The main issue I have with it - and I don't know if it will become a problem later as mine get older - but it only has the lap belt, so if you have babies/toddlers that like to lean forward, etc. there is nothing to hold them back. My boys just sit back and enjoy the ride, so that hasn't been an issue for me (yet). It reclines separately in case you have a sleeping baby/toddler, too. And regarding the storage basket - I usually just hang a lightweight bag on the middle handle to carry the necessities. I don't use the stroller for trips to the zoo, museum, etc. b/c I like to have a drink holder, basket, etc. for all day adventures. You can't beat the price! :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't even thought about the lack of drink holder or the fact in only had a lap belt. My girls tend to like to lean out of the stroller so that may be a deal breaker. I was planning on using this for some of our longer outings to zoo, amusement parks, etc...

6. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I bought one to use on plane trips. It works for that purpose but is not the sturdiest and tends to get beat up easily!

7. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

I highly recommend it for the value and ease of use and I've had every stroller imaginable.

8. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I'm glad this thread was started, I've been considering the same stroller also. We have the Graco duoglider and I just don't like how long it is. We also have 2 lightweight inexpensive strollers that we like to take to the mall if it's more than just me. (easier to get around small spaces) I want a light weight double stroller so I can get them in and out of places easily alone and not have to haul the duoglider everywhere. (I'm starting to really dislike that stroller, lol)

9. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

I mainly used the Graco DuoGlider but when we traveled on planes and to relatives we used the Jeep stroller since it took less room and was lighter. I felt it did what we purchased it for but I couldn't use it on a regular basis because of the lack of storage. Hanging my bag that I normally used on the middle handle worked but is was low and sometimes hit the wheels. I also tried to use it on a doctor's annual visit thinking it was much smaller and we got stuck in the doorway.

10. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I have it, too. It's good for quick trips to the mall and for get out and go stuff. I hate tat it doesn't have a basket underneath, but well worth the money I spent on it. Definitely not a heavy duty, all purpose-type stroller and won't take you everywhere you want to go, but for those in and out trips to the mall or shopping center, great for the price.

11. Rachel P

Rachel P Well-Known Member

I have it and mainly used it for taking my boys for walks. It is great for this purpose...very sturdy with heavy-duty wheels for uneven surfaces. It is also easy to clean. It's not super heavy for lifting in and out of car. We used ours a lot.