Anyone have a screamer?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Tamaralynn, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am at my wits end with one of the twins. He screams, ALL THE TIME. I have taken stuff away, I have ignored, I have put him in time out. Nothing works. There doesn't seem to be any one trigger. He doesn't get his way, he screams, he feels stressed, he screams, he's scared, he screams. You get the picture. Tonight was awful. He screamed from the time I picked him up at daycare, all the way through supper, through what was probably the fastest bath in history and I had him in bed by 6:30 because I needed a break. I need suggestions, please!

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. My girl started it like just last month. It's just not her at all. And she drove me insane so many times. She was always a girli girl. Now she is bossy, short temper, screams when she doesn't get her way or when we don't obey her!!!! Seriously. I just talked to my husband today. It just started since she started at this new school. Her teacher assigns jobs and they rotate the jobs every week., there are 8 kids and 4 job titles in the class. However, she has been assigned jobs for 3 continuing weeks; line leader, caboose, capain of cleaning. And some kids havent done anything since. She told me she was happy at school. And she acted very mature at school. But I have the feeling that all the screaming bloody murder started since she started at this new school. I have no idea. I don't mind she does some responsibilities at school. And I think it's good. But I don't want because of school she got so stressed out and blows steam at home you know. And she started having accidents at nap and bedtime again the past 3 weeks. We didn't have any accident for months. I try not to pressure her right now. I might talk to her teacher about it. Also, they are in separated classes now. They were always together at school. But since they kept picking on each other in Summer class, they got secreted this school yr.

I'm sorry u have a screamer too. Omg I got furious when baby/toddler screams. Hang in there. Lets hope is a phase. Gl