Anyone have a vaginal delivery one pregnancy,

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by E&Msmom, Apr 16, 2009.

1. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I was able to deliver the twins vaginally. I had a relatively easy/quick labor (less than 5 hours induced!). We're pregnant again and of course the terrifying thoughts of C-section are popping into my head again.
    I keep thinking if I could push out 2 babies, surely I can do 1 right?

Anyone have a vaginal birth and then end up with a c-section later? What were the deciding factors? I do NOT NOT NOT want a c-section (obviously, if given the choice).

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

If you delivered vaginally the first time I wouldn't worry that much about it. That said, the most important thing is a safe delivery, so if you have to have a c-section it will be ok! All of my babies have been born by c-section and it was fine!

3. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Well I had 4 vaginal births, and totally thought that if I could birth two babies over 9 lbs. surely I'd be able to birth two smaller babies. Well, my twins didn't cooperate Baby A was breech and Baby B was transverse so I had my first c-section with them. As for this pregnancy, my OB will make the decision closer to the birth whether I will have a repeat c-section or try for a VBAC. I'm nervous, because the c-sec was only 11 months ago, but I truly would like a vaginal again.

I would totally think you will be able to have a vaginal birth.

4. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I think it will depend on how the baby is positioned and if there are any other complicating factors. I delivered my first daughter vaginally. Twin B was breech but my Dr thought he could turn her. I delivered Twin A vaginally but his partner on call that night couldn't get twin B turned so she was delivered by emergency C-section.

5. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ThreeLittleSnowflakes @ Apr 16 2009, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1276886[/snapback]
    I think it will depend on how the baby is positioned and if there are any other complicating factors. I delivered my first daughter vaginally. Twin B was breech but my Dr thought he could turn her. I delivered Twin A vaginally but his partner on call that night couldn't get twin B turned so she was delivered by emergency C-section.

Oh Im so sorry! I think that would have been an even bigger fear than a c-section alone. Having to have both in one day! I guess Id just need to focus on however they get here healthy right?!

6. heath1191

heath1191 Well-Known Member

Hello
    My DD daughter was born vaginally. Then with the boys, both were head down the whole time so I delivered baby A with just 2 pushes. As soon as baby B had all that room he flipped and had to be delievered by C-section. So you just never know!
    Good luck to you!
    Christy

DD 11-06-02
    fraternal boys 10-02-05

7. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I had a vaginal delivery with my first, then a c/s with the twins due to their positions...my baby A went breech 6 weeks prior to delivery! Little stinker. I had a vbac for Julianna. I don't think you'll have any trouble so long as the baby stays head down...and even if not there are procedures for trying to get the baby to go head down prior to labor you could try. So long as the baby is head down and you go into labor on your own I'd give you an excellent chance of vaginal delivery instead of c/s.

8. Nancy H-J

Nancy H-J Well-Known Member

With my DD, it was a vaginal delivery. But with the twins, the first one one was positioned oddly that the doc and I made the decision to go with a c-section. I must say that I preferred recovering from the c-section. My DD was sunny-side up and the back labor was so horrible. The epidural wasn't even touching the pain and I was so swollen afterwards that I remember having to use the ice diaper for many weeks afterwards.

9. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

My first was born vaginally but the twins were a c-section. They were both transverse so it was just a matter of position.

10. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

My twins were born vaginally and so was Rebecca and she was 10lbs13oz!!! So, you certainly can do it if I can :) I actually came closer to a c/s with her than I did with the twins, go figure. So, I am nervous about having another nearly 11 lb-er this time around. We will be monitoring size carefully.

11. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Chances are you won't need a c-section. If you do, it would more likely be because of an emergency, in which case you'll probably just be happy to have a healthy baby. My cousin had 4 vaginal births, then had the cord prolapse with her 5th. It could have killed the baby and even her, so she was actually happy with the c-section. I didn't have a c-section with Adam, but came very close because the cord was wrapped around his neck and his heartrate would drastically drop everytime I pushed. Luckily, his heartrate went back up when I stopped pushing and got on my knees, so we were able to get him out w/ the vacuum and one good push. With my twins, I almost had a c-section with Sabrina, because she was transverse and just wouldn't budge. Just as I was getting prepped for it, her water broke and she dropped breech. Being twin B and much smaller than her sister, the Dr grabbed her feet and one push she was out. I've never wanted (and luckily have been able to avoid) a c-section. But both times, I felt really calm about having to have one, because I figured it was so much better than the alternative.