Anyone Have Success Stories...With 2nd Pregnancy not developing Pre-eclampisa

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by nadana77, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm hoping there are some Momma's out there that can give me some words of encouragement :)
    Ever since I have told my mom we are pregnant again she has done nothing but, brought up all the negative things that could happen with this pregnancy.
    Some history about me:
    I developed preeclampisa with the twins at 27 weeks and was VERY sick at the end and they were delivered at 30 weeks.
    So, my mom tells me that I'm going to get it again with this pregnancy and could even die and leave DH to raise 3 kids alone! Who in their right mind would tell their daughter that and be so negative? I'm so upset that she would even think that!
    Yes, in the back of my mind the thought of developing that scares me TOO DEATH and I'm going to think positive and do everything I can not to let it happen.

Has anyone gone through it a first time then, successfully didn't develope it a second time?

THanks Everyone for Listening :)
    I'll keep you posted on a Dr's Appt time and *Singleton* Vibes everyone ....PLEASE!!!

2. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

I developed Pre-E towards the end of my twin pregnancy, but I guess I'm not to worried about it this time around. I figure there is nothing I can do about it other than eating well/exercising/ect. Maybe your mom is concerned it will be her job to take care of you and the twins?? Or maybe she is just scared to see her daughter in the same place again. It sounds like you had a pretty rough go of things. Maybe you need to sit down and have a talk with your mom - something about you are concerned this may happen too, but worrying doesn't help anything and it only makes it worse for her to confirm your worries. mention that you would like her support, as this decision is already made and she will love having another grandchild. Maybe it will just take some time for her to adjust to the idea. Also, maybe it would help if you started to work on having a plan in place in case this did happen - ie. options for childcare if you end up on bedrest, plans to freeze meals ahead of time, ect.

Here's to hoping for a healthy singleton pregnancy!

amy

3. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response & Good Luck to you too :)

4. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I had sever pre-e with DS. I didn't have it with either of my other pregnancies.

I know my mom was concerned about me when I was pregnant with DD3, since she had already seen me through 2 high risk pregnancies. I kept her informed with what was going on during the pregnancy and I think that helped ease her fears a bit.

I agree it would be a good idea to have a plan set *in case*.

Good luck!

Sending singleton vibes your way.

5. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

Sounds like your mom is scared. I know that my mother did not like to see me in any pain at all. When I had my daughter, she cried when I cried. Just because you get older, with a family, doesn't mean that the momma hangs up the towel. You're still her baby, no matter how old you are and she just doesn't want to see you hurt. I know lots of folk that strike out when faced with fear of something...present company included. Talk to her, I bet you'll find out that's what it is....Good luck!

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I got both HELLP (which is preeclampsia + more) and cholestasis with the twins and both have a very high chance of returning with subsequent pregnancies. I didn't have either with either of my subsequent pregnancies though so I just chalk up the problems with the first pregnancy to the stress of carrying two babies. All my pregnancies were different but the twin pregnancy was in a whole different league. We just aren't designed to carry more than one baby at once.