Anyone have the Jeep double umbrella stroller?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ariel53098, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ariel53098

ariel53098 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at double strollers for the girls to buy after we return to the US this summer. They'll be 11 months old when we arrive in the US. I saw the Jeep one online and was wondering if anyone had it and loved it or hated it.
    TIA!
    Rachel

2. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

We have one that I keep in the car and use for errands, mall trips, etc. and I LOVE it! There is no under-seat storage, but the price sure was right!!

We have a jogger that I use for our long walks - way to heavy to take in and out of the car.

3. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

I had one and now I do not! It just did not meet our needs at all.

I have a Peg Perego Twin Aria and Love it!

4. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Apr 2 2008, 01:59 PM) [snapback]701361[/snapback]
    I had one and now I do not! It just did not meet our needs at all.

I have a Peg Perego Twin Aria and Love it!

Hi, Tammy. Do you mind if I ask if you only use the Peg Perego or if you also use a tandem stroller? I just ordered the Kolcraft Contours Tandem Stroller. I acually got it for free because of some award points that I won through my job. That was the only double they had available to choose from so I went ahead and selected it.

I've also been looking at the Peg Perego Twin Aria since it's such a great deal right now. I'm just wondering if I really need a SBS as well as a tandem. Anyway, I'm just curious if you just find that this one stroller meets all of your needs or if you also use another? TIA!!

5. HT

HT Well-Known Member

We have one and I really like it, however I do not like that it doesn't have any storage underneath. I recently took it to the zoo and love the side by side, but I had no where to put my diaper bag, lunch, ect. I'm actually thinking about buying a different one if I can find one for less than $150.

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

We have one. I used it a lot when they were smaller!

7. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

I have the Jeep SBS stroller and I really like it. It's lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car. It's great for quick trips and errands. One warning...if you are tall (I'm 5'10) then it can be a little awkward to push. I think the handles are way too short.

I also have a tandem stroller...I keep both in the car just in case.

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(benderboys @ Apr 2 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]701755[/snapback]
    One warning...if you are tall (I'm 5'10) then it can be a little awkward to push. I think the handles are way too short.

I agree, I am 5'10 too.

9. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Anne2571 @ Apr 2 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]701382[/snapback]
    Hi, Tammy. Do you mind if I ask if you only use the Peg Perego or if you also use a tandem stroller? I just ordered the Kolcraft Contours Tandem Stroller. I acually got it for free because of some award points that I won through my job. That was the only double they had available to choose from so I went ahead and selected it.

I've also been looking at the Peg Perego Twin Aria since it's such a great deal right now. I'm just wondering if I really need a SBS as well as a tandem. Anyway, I'm just curious if you just find that this one stroller meets all of your needs or if you also use another? TIA!!

I do not have a tandem. It didnt work well for us. My back twin couldnt see well and the seats didnt recline very well. I also found it tough to steer. I love my SBS! The only time I wish I had a tandem is if we are shopping at the mall and the aisles in stores are not wide enough!