Anyone have the MacLaren Twin Triumph?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommylaura, Feb 15, 2010.

1. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

We had the triumph for my first and it was my favorite stroller ever. I'm thinking about buying a twin triumph for when the twins outgrow their snap and go. Does anyone have this stroller and do you like it? Thanks! Laura

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I ordered it online as my first SBS. I returned it to Target when I realized it was extremely heavy to use as my daily errand stroller and didnt have snack trays. :pardon: I went with a Combi Twin Savvy (Sport) instead.

3. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I don't have the Twin Triumph but we were sooooo close to getting that stroller. My coworker has 2 year old twins and he and his wife LOVE theirs. He brought it to work one day and let me test drive it around the parking lot, and I thought it was GREAT. The only reason we didn't get that one was because we felt we would also need a baby jogger for walks on the trail, and I didn't want to have to purchase 2 strollers. So instead we got the Baby Jogger City Classic. But if I was just looking for a lightweight everyday stroller I would definitely get the Twin Triumph. We tested out a Combi SBS in a store and while we liked the features it had we felt it had too much plastic on it, whereas I believe the frame for the Maclaren is metal, which is why they hold up so well. I also read a handful of Combi reviews where people complained about somethings breaking on them. I tell ya I spent hours researching strollers to the point my eyes got cross-eyed reading the reviews and watching YouTube clips, LOL. The only negatives I saw was that the canopies aren't all that big and not very adjustable, it didn't have cup holders, and there wasn't a whole lot of storage under it (but I think that is the case with most SBS). Anyway, it's all about trade-offs and no stroller will have every single thing you want. But if you liked your original Maclaren I say go for the Twin Triumph :D

4. kbaldwin

kbaldwin Well-Known Member

Yes, we have one and LOVE it! I think it's actually slightly narrower than the Quinny we bought for our older son and SO much easier to navigate (esp. turning corners, such as down a store aisle, which you can easily do one-handed with the Twin Triumph). Folding down and setting up isn't too bad, either -- hard to believe that it's one of the cheaper twin strollers out there!