Anyone have the Young America Isabella crib?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TwinsItIs, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

This is really a shot in the dark, but I am trying my luck. First of all, hi from a mommy of infants. I can't imagine what it'll take to get to the age of 2 with twins. You all did it, so I know I'll be able to as well. :)

I got a beautiful crib for free from craigslist. It is the Young America Isabella crib and it's in pristine condition. I'm trying to find a second crib of this style and can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if there's anyone that owns it and is up to the point of selling it already? I'm in NY and am willing to even make a day trip out of picking up from a state that's drivable from NY. I know this sounds crazy, but firstly I'm in love with this crib. Secondly, if I don't get a second one of this I'll have to purchase two cribs, so I'm trying in whichever way to get one.

The crib I'm referring to is this one:

Photo

Thanks

2. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

What a pretty crib! I like the drawer underneath. As soon as I saw that drawer, though, I thought, uh oh, this is going to make crib climbing waaaay easier... :lol: Good luck in your search!

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Have you tried ebay

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Esther! :wub: I need to see new pictures of the babies! (Please!)

On the Young American website, they have a companion style crib, where the arch is in the back, not on the sides. I don't know if I would spend $1000 on a crib though, do you know any hobbiest wood workers? Our friend made a crib for his son, then his daughter used it too.

Great luck finding that one for free!!

5. TwinsItIs

Yes, I tried/try ebay, craigslist and not sure where else to try.

Gosh! you just gave me the jitters. When they're docile almost 6 month olds who don't roll over yet it's tough to imagine them doing that. :ibiggrin:

6. TwinsItIs

I would never spend that much money on a crib (or even half of that). The idea is also to have the same as the one pictured, so a different style wouldn't help me (those are all on sale on craigslist almost daily).

I'm going to post updated photos in the club forum in a while.

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Why do you 'need' to purchase two cribs if you can't find another one? My kids ended up with two different cribs (bought one before we knew we'd adopt twins, and then the first one got recalled anyway so get got another kind again). We got rid of them when they were 3 anyway, they just couldn't have cared less.

8. TwinsItIs

I don't 'need' it for survival, but I'd like to have their room look nice. Nothing will happen if I don't have it. I also know it's not about them, but about me and my need for their room to look neat. I am somewhat OCD with these things (couldn't think of having two different car seats either).

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I kind of get this. I didn't have 2 matching cribs but the ones I acquired were same style and both painted white. When we moved one died (both were used) and I couldn't find another white one. Now I'm pregnant and found another wood colored one and I really want to switch out the white one for the baby so the 2 boys will have same color/ same style and the baby will have white. I like 2 carseats of the same style, too. :)

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I have 2 cribs and the def don't match. It never occurred to me to get matching ones to be honest. One of my boys is actually on his second crib, which I got off of kijiji.ca, sucks that you don't have it there.