Anyone know anything about HEMORRHOIDS?!?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GrapesOfWrath, Aug 3, 2007.

1. GrapesOfWrath

GrapesOfWrath New Member

Okay, so here is the deal... I am a regular poster on here, but I know some other members in person so I dont want to post and them read it. I know I am being silly, and I am just being ridiculous, and this happens to alot of people, and I shouldnt be embarrassed, but I AM!!! :FIFblush: So...I am pregnant (that narrows who I am down a little, but please dont try and guess...lol) and have a wicked case of hemorrhoids. I have had them before, when constipated or whatever, but not like this. I have been having normal bowel movements (actually better than ever, lol) but suddenly the other day had this really bad hemorrhoid. Literally, POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE!!! It has just been getting worse and worse, and I think I need to go to a doctor and have something done about it...

but I dont know how. As in...I dont have health insurance, so I would have to pay out of pocket. I could handle that, but I am afraid that if I go to a Dr. for this now, any problems related to it in the future would not be covered by my future insurance. I plan on getting insurance soon, but I just dont think I can/should wait. So my questions are...

Where should I go? A clinic, Emergency room, Urgent care, other???
    If I go to these places (I figure ER is probably best bet now...) will this be forever on my record and I will never be able to have this covered by insurance?
    Is this even the way insurance acttually works? :)
    Any other suggestions????

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!! I am in so much pain. I just laid around all day, because I can do nothing else without being in excruciating pain. I am MISERABLE! :( I know I can count on you ladies for some good advice. There has to be a doctor, or just someone with similar experience that can help me out, right? RIGHT?! :) TIA!!!

2. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I had hemorrhoids really bad while I was pregnant with the girls. I was just told to use a hemorrhoid cream and if I wanted use the Tucks pads. Mine also appeared out of nowhere. It was just too much pressure from the babies. Mine got better after a week or so.

You said you don't have insurance?? Are you getting any prenatal care? I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Good luck with the hemorrhoids. No need to be embarrassed. It happens to the the best of us. :hug99:

3. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

Have you tried the *Tucks* pads for temporary relief? They help a ton. So does sitting on frozen peas. There's also a topical anisthetic spray you can get from Walgreen's (ask the pharmacist)- can't remember what it's called. I used it on the stitches from my fourth degree tearing from birth of DS1. Also, the *hemorrhoid cream* should work wonders. The doc can recommend a prescription that would help it faster, but it would be spendy. I'd also take a *stool softener* (like Colace - check the list of meds your doc said you can take with the pregnancy) to keep you from straining at all - that makes things much worse.

DH had them BAD when I had DS1 (sympathy hemorrhoids?). He was an infantry soldier at the time, and VERY tough - he nearly cried! It was awful! I feel for ya. I hope you can get some cream and get better soon!

4. ErickaK

ErickaK Well-Known Member

In the hospital after I delivered I had a horrible one appear, the doctor told me I had one, since I was so sore down there from childbirth I couldn't really tell at first. I was given a bag of ice to use and tuck pads at each bathroom trip along with a tube of ointment to help shrink them. Take the tucks pad and them put a stripe of ointment on 2 pads and them apply to the hemorrhoid, worked great and really fast for relief. Didn't use ice when I got home, only the first 24 hours as the hemorrhoid was shrinking.

5. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

Oh, this brings back terrible memories :( I had them really bad after I had the kiddos. It was so bad I was in tears for days, I would sit down on my Boppy instead of using it for it's intended purpose. In fact, they made me forget all about my csection incision. Surgery, what surgery!? These suckers are the worst pain I think I've ever experienced. (TMI right back at 'ya!)

I ended up calling my OB and after he ran through the usual over the counter recommendations, I begged for something stronger. He prescribed a suppository that is literally two inches long. I forget what it's called but it has lidocaine in it and it has to be refrigerated. Only one pharmacy in town carried it. It really helped. Of course, I don't know if you can use it while pregnant.

I would call your OB. Good luck!

[​IMG]

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Preparation H and Tucks pads will help a TON! Try those first. Please do take good care of yourself even though you don't have insurance. The state may be able to help you (they don't like uninsured mothers).

7. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I had 5 (size of a plum, each one) pop while delivering Garrett. Yes 5 large ones. I couldnt sit down..or walk afterwards.

I just went to my regular doctor...if you have one I would make an appt. Or call your OBGYN and tell him.her that this is an emergency. My doctor gave me a cream that shrank them in about 12 hours. I was in heaven and could have kissed that doctor..LOL

I will eventually have to have surgery to remove mine..they still get a little sore and swollen..but I kept this cream and it continues to help..

The name of the cream is..Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream

http://www.rxlist.com/korean.php?u=http://...olone-cream.htm

Call your regular doctor..dont worry yourself with going to the ER, or maybe an Urgent Care clinic. Ask about this cream..it really helps.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Brandy

8. Tiffany S

Tiffany S Well-Known Member

Hello,
    are you feeling better yet?
    Warning here comes TMI, I have had hemorrhoids every day for over 14 years. I got them from my first son and was told only laser surgery could remove them. Banding can sometimes remove a hemroid that's just one sticking out lump. I have a ring of hemorrhoids that make it look like I have a mini inner butt smashed between my big outer butt cheeks. They are very painful when swollen which is all the time when I'm pregnant or after putting pressure on the area like after eliminating in the bathroom. Once you have a hemorrhoids you will always have that pocket of skin there (unless removed by a doctor) it just might not always be full of blood and painful.

I Have learned a few doctor recommended tricks to help me live with my situation, when I'm swollen I will take a tissue (wet wipes sometimes hurt less) and I will gently squeeze the hemorrhoid until most of the blood is pushed back up in to my body and the swelling is lessened, and or I can push the hemorrhoid back up in to my anus opening. Yes I'm serious! There is much more room up there and you haemorrohoids will be more comfortable tucked up and away then squeezed between your butt cheeks all day. :D
    OK I'm sorry to anyone I've shocked with graphic imagery, but I figure if you don't need to know you can go ahead and block this from your memory, if you do need to know then these tricks have helped me manage a rotten condition for 14 years so maybe they will help you to.
    Best wishes,

9. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I had them and called my peri's nurseline about it. They recommended what OTC meds I could use and said to call back if it didn't help. I used Tucks pads and Preparation H cream.