Anyone know if I can wash my highchair pad......

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by [email protected], Jan 27, 2009.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

We have the Evenflo expressions highchairs that we just love. One I have had since 2006 and it is the safari patten, so is cream and light colored. We ate spaghetti tonight and when I went to wipe the pad down with Lysol antibacterial wipes it just looked a little dingy and there were some spaghetti stains. The pad is vinyl and it says wipe clean. Can I machine wash it? Anyone ever done it, don't want to ruin the pad. Also if I can't wash it how can I get the tomato stains off or lightened?

Thanks!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(angeez @ Jan 27 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1164881[/snapback]
    We have the Evenflo expressions highchairs that we just love. One I have had since 2006 and it is the safari patten, so is cream and light colored. We ate spaghetti tonight and when I went to wipe the pad down with Lysol antibacterial wipes it just looked a little dingy and there were some spaghetti stains. The pad is vinyl and it says wipe clean. Can I machine wash it? Anyone ever done it, don't want to ruin the pad. Also if I can't wash it how can I get the tomato stains off or lightened?

Thanks!

GREAT QUESTION! And sorry...I don't have an answer! I was wondering the same thing. We have the Eddie Bauer high chairs that have the vinyl covering, and some fabric on the back. They are light colored(got them because they matched the dining room furniture-first time mom mistake #1). The boys had strawberries today and Anthony decided to wash his hair with the strawberries and it somewhat stained the back of the pad and leaked through to the other side.

So-I am looking forward to answers!

3. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with those chairs. But I bought some random BRU high chair covers that I've rewashed many times. They are starting to sag, but still work okay.

We have Peg Pergio chairs and the nice leather cover/cushion is beautiful, but a pain to clean. so now we use these el cheapo ones that I don't care if they fall apart in the washer. You could check the manufacture website to see if covers are washable.

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I have the Fisher Price high chairs that are vinyl with cloth straps and I used to take them apart once a month and throw them in the washer on the gentle cycle - I would vacuum the crumbs out first and then throw them in....in the dryer on low and voila! clean high chair pads!

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Yes!!! You can. I used to take mine apart ever couple of weeks. I threw them in the wash on the most gentle cycle with some detergent. I threw the straps in to! I was so happy after the first time I did it (which was a long time after having them). They came out soooooooooo clean. Also, I was disgusted when I saw how much crap and crumbs had gotten under the cover. I vacuumed that part and used lysol wet wipes to clean it down.

6. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Yes, we have the same chairs and we do wash them- cold, gentle cycle, and then line dry!

7. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I was just going to ask the same thing - I've wiped mine down, but the underside is actually the dingiest on mine - where the food sticks and I miss it for awhile. I might try the gentle cycle, line dry thing later today!!

8. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

BTW, I put my in the dryer too. I just put it on the delicate cycle and put them for about 20 minutes or so.