anyone use walmart brand formula?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dlphin99, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dlphin99

dlphin99 Member

I was wondering if anyone uses the Walmart brand lacto free formula? My 4wk old twin dd's use enfamil lacto free formula, thats what the hospital fed them the 4 days they were in the hospital and since they weren't having any tummy issues with it, we decided to continue using it when we came home. Well, as any parent knows..formula is expensive. I read somewhere that the walmart brand of this formula is just about the same as the enfamil but much cheaper..so I was wondering if anyone uses it? Did your kids have any tummy issues when you switched brands? I was just at walmart and compared the labels and it looks like they match up but there's some difference with some of the different vitamins etc so I was alittle hesitant to switch brands even if the walmart type is cheaper. any input? thanks!

2. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

we used it for the twins and our 4th and they did fine .. its actually manufacted bythe company as Enfimal

3. rensejk

rensejk Well-Known Member

Didn't use the Wal-mart brand, but did use the Target brand and they did just fine on it. They had gotten the enfamil lipil at the hospital too.

4. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Target and Walmart are exactly the same!

5. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Target, Walmart, and Kroger are all the same! We use it for the girls too! It has saved us a ton. No issues either...wish I would of known this for DD #1.

April

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

We used the Walmart Lacto Free brand the whole first year. :good: Much cheaper and didn't have any issues on it. Good luck and have fun saving money! :banana:

7. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

My grandsons both use it. One had severe reflux issues and he did better on the Walmart brand than either Similac, Enfamil and they tried him on the Nutramagen and the Almium (sp), and Nestle Gentle Start. In fact they are nearly 11 months old now and we're still using it.

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

We eventually switched to Walmart brand and the babies did great!

9. Lynner405

Lynner405 Well-Known Member

I don't use Walmart brand but I do use Target (their Gentlease formula for DD and their Soy for DS). My pedi said all the generics are the same as the expensive stuff and all have to be FDA approved....so I'd say switch and start saving some money!

10. Kimkessenich

Kimkessenich Well-Known Member

Unfortunately mine didn't do well on the Walmart brand of Gentle Ease - I would say try it and see how they do. I ended up eventually going to Nutramigen but the Walmart brand gave my babies such horrible constipation that they had blood in their stool and I had to use glycerin suppositories to get it out. My pedi said that they are all FDA approved but sometimes they use different types of fillers than the brand names. It just depends on how well your babies tolerate it...I don't think it's any worse just because it's generic but it may be made a little differently so you should try it and see.

11. dlphin99

dlphin99 Member

thanks ladies for your responses, I will definetly be switching to walmart brand and start saving some money. We already switched to the white cloud diapers and thats saved us some money. With my 3yr old dd I was so anal I would only use the name brand products like pampers, good start formula..now with the twins I'm looking to use all generic products when possible..lol. thanks again