Anyone's DH want more?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JenniferBrz, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JenniferBrz

JenniferBrz Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering am I alone?? I swear after the twins started to sleep through the night my DH is more and more "interested." I mean once a day may make him happy. It really is starting to take a toll. Our twins are almost 2- and we have a 4 year old. They are of course consatntly crawling all over me. Plus someone is usually up at night for one reason or another. I also work full time. I'm just tired. When I finally have some down time I don't want to be touched!! KYWIM??

Once a week is great with me. Maybe twice- depending on the week :) I should mention that DH watches the kids during the day until about 3 and works from 3- 12am. I have them from 3-the next am. I always get up with them so he can sleep. Fair is fair. They are pretty good sleepers, I really can't complain. We had "fun" last night and the second I put all 3 of them down for a nap- the pressure was ON!! I declined- he's pouting!!! I wish I could put him in time out.

I'm afraid this is really going to put a toll on our marriage. i can't figure out what changed. It was not like this beofre the twins... not an issue. It was what it was- no big deal. He is getting less sleep- more stress- What's the deal? Maybe becuase their is less oportunity..I think I thought my body would never be the same after the twins.. it is.. so prehaps he is over relieved?? UGGHH I've treid talking to him.. he just says he's sorry... he just loves me so much.. How can I get mad? I'm just tired and want some down time. I know he is feeling rejected. That makes me feel horrible. I usually take one for the team- but it's only been 12 hours...

Sorry TMI

Am I alone out here?? What do you think??

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

This is a tough conundrum!!! I don't have easy answers for you. But look for other stuff that's changed. You might have to have a little counseling if it gets to be too much.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JennX2 @ Apr 13 2008, 01:59 PM) [snapback]719470[/snapback]
    Am I alone out here?? What do you think??

No you are not alone. Even when the twins were not sleeping through the night it seems as if my dh's 'drive' increased. :( My two didn't really sleep through the night until they were 18 months! :shok: I could take it or leave it... :hug99:

4. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

no your not alone... I would rather be romantic than intamate... I could do with out it right now but I know he cant... so I am not the one with any answers just though I would let you knwo your not alone at all

5. HT

HT Well-Known Member

Definitely not alone! I really don't have any interest since the twins were born. I'm home with an almost 4 year old and my 1 year old twins all day. DH is not the greatest about helping with the kids when he is home unless I complain. I rarely get any time to myself unless they are asleep or my parents are watching them. Basically, I'm tired and just want to be alone when all the kids go down for bed. Soon as they do though, my DH is crawling all over me and it really irks me!

6. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

Not alone at all. I am a really touchy person to begin with...in the past...all my affections went to DH. With 3 kids and 2 cats crawling all over me all day..there are times I don't want to be touched when everyone goes to bed.

I want to sit and be left alone!!!

Thank God my DH is patient and understands. I feel bad, he is the opposite of me and really affectionate. Doesn't have to even be the DEED....he would be happy cuddling..etc..funny thing is..I am the one that is not a cuddler.

7. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

You're not alone. DH is not pushy or grabby but its clear his drive is way up. I don't mind his asking as long as he doesn't mind my saying no. I think we have an understanding!