anyone's twins born the same minute?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tracilynn, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

I sent out twin announcements and people have asked me who is older because the time posted on the announcement is 12:43 pm . hmm - is it odd that they dont have their own minute? ha! will this create fights between them later as to who is older etc? Clara is a few seconds older than Ella I guess so she is technically older...

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Mine were born just seconds apart .. but we gave them their own minute. Jesse is 8:56 and Jayden is 8:57 ...

3. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

My boys were born about 30 secs apart but it landed us in different minutes ... 8:43 and 8:44pm. I would just tell everyone including them that Clara is older since she was Twin A.

4. JMB

JMB Active Member

I think the ambiguity is a neat thing. Since kids can be so mean to each other, we are seriously considering not telling my boys who is older (by 24 minutes) so that there aren't battles in the future about it and that baby A can't lord it over baby B.

5. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Mine were both pulled out at 11:08, Twin A just shortly before B.

6. Moodyzblu

We tried to do this too .. but somehow .. they figured it out. :unknw:

7. JMB

JMB Active Member

I figured they probably will, but it's worth a try!

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I decided long ago to just give in and tell them who's older. Letting them fight it out is easier than trying to keep a secret that they know we know the answer to. (Sarah is one minute older -- I have no idea whether it was actually 10 seconds or 90 seconds or whatever....)

The rules for nearly every game say "Youngest player goes first," so at least there's some benefit to being the younger! Sarah doesn't even get mad that Amy nearly always gets to go first -- that's what the rules say, so That's How It Is.

9. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

The docs usually wait at least one minute to pull them out. Was it an emergency c? That's odd!

I've never heard of that before, but maybe it's just not something everyone brings up.

:)

10. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

Mine were about 45 seconds apart, but they have their own minute. And they were born vaginally!

11. Moodyzblu

Ours was a planned C-section .. but they took them out side by side pretty much. One (twin b) was born with a congenital heart defect so there was sort of an urgency to get them out ASAP .. but never thought much about there being only seconds in between. :)

12. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

Yup! Mine were born at 9:21pm. C-sections can be quick!

13. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were both born at 5:01 PM. They said they took Nolan out and she didn't want to be left behind. :) They do know that he was born first. She said "I wanted to be first!" when we discussed it last year. I'm surprised he didn't tell her it was okay!

14. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Mine were both born at 3:04 PM, Claire was first but Athan was only about 20-30 seconds later. Both placentas were anterior so that may have been the reason for being so quick... they cut my open and cut up my placentas at the same time.

15. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Mine were born one minute apart, but my husband thinks that the doc just said that so they would have their own minute.

16. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Active Member

mine were both born at 5:54 and the doctors bad to record A as 5:54 and B as 5:55 on record, even though they were both 5:54

17. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

My boys were both born at 2:17pm. They were 30 seconds a part.

18. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 8:19 and 8:20 am. They would have been born the same min, had William not been stuck in my rib cage.

19. betha

betha Well-Known Member

My DD arrived at 11:59 and my DS 11:59 and a half. So I guess they technically share the same minute. I was just glad they got my son out before midnight. It might have been interesting to have different birthdays, but I'm happy they have the same day.

20. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We have not told the boys either! When they ask, I say they came out at the same time! Soon enough they will figure it out. They were a minute apart.

21. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

You know, my inital hospital paperwork had them in the same minute, but the birth certificat paper work had them one minute apart! I think someone changed it on purpose!

22. morgan57

morgan57 Well-Known Member

mine were the same minute! pretty cool

23. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Mine were the same minute, too, per the huge digital clock I was staring at. My OB called them a minute apart, though.

24. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

[quote name='Izak&Aaden's_mommy' date='16 August 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1281981955' post='1681334']
    My boys were born about 30 secs apart but it landed us in different minutes ... 8:43 and 8:44pm. I would just tell everyone including them that Clara is older since she was Twin A.
    [/quote]

That's the way it was w/ us too, lickety split! Ethan (baby A) was 12:41 and Isa was 12:42.