Appointment Update and General Pregnancy Update

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stbmo4, May 23, 2007.

1. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

Just got back from my 30week appointment and everything looks great! I didn't have an u/s but my doc could feel from an external exam that they both were breech. Last week I posted a vent about them turning from vertex/vertex to breech/transverse, but I'm feeling much more peace with that issue now! The silver lining that I have found is that I feel much better now that I don't have two heads down! My tailbone and lower back pain is gone and I have less pressure "down there". I have been praying this whole pregnancy for good health for me and the babies and the ability to continue working and caring for my other two children. The thought of bedrest really scared me. So I trust that God is taking care of this for me; even if that means in the end I have a csection. As my doc pointed out, not only am I feeling better because they have turned, but I also have a decreased risk of PTL since I don't have any direct pressure on my cervix. Believe me, I still would prefer a vaginal delivery; but I'm at peace with whatever happens. I feel really good.

Just wanted to add for those new to twin pregnancy; I started out this pregnancy worried about all sorts of stuff and you have every reason to worry--you are growing two babies! But, since you read lots of scary stuff, I have to throw in my story. My pregnancy has been great so far. I'm still working, chasing my little ones, and exercising (walks with babies in the jogging stroller, nothing too intense). I know I still have some time ahead of me, but I have to be thankful that it has been so good thus far.

Take care everyone! Thank you for reading my long post!

Jen

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad that you are feeling better about everything! You are doing great.

3. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. It's hard to accept the fact that if they're not in the proper birthing position that you will have to have a c-section, but, it's a sacrifice we have to make for our children if it comes down to that. I'm glad you are starting to welcome the idea of a c-section. I had problems with it at first too, but I've prepared myself for it and to me, it's the only option (Baby A hasn't moved in the last 10 weeks).

It's also great to hear that you're doing so well and so mobile. I really hit the wall around 32 weeks and now I rarely leave the house these days. You're right about being so worried in the beginning. The teens sucked!! The 30's have been uncomfortable and a little worrisome at the same time. Now that I'm getting so close, I'm starting to worry again about their health and focusing on just keeping them in there a little longer.

Good luck to you and keep up the great work!

4. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Glad things are going so well for you!
    You're right...it seems like everyone wants to share their horror stories with you! I just don't tell people we're having twins anymore. Right after I found out, a "friend" told me not to get too excited because her youngest was a twin and she miscarried one of them early on. Gee, thanks lady. :rolleyes:

You're in the home stretch! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

5. mzsk

mzsk Active Member

goodness, people say the most inappropriate things, don't they?

I have been on bedrest for 7 weeks and was convinced I wouldn't make it to 24w due to PTL because of hearing all the scary stories. Well, thank God that despite my contractions I have not yet had any cervical changes and I am so happy about that.

My babies were vertex until 26w when Baby B flipped. Gosh that felt SO GOOD to not have two heads down there!! Then this past week I started feeling heavy downn there again and I had a sneaking suspicion that the other one flipped again - I was right! It does feel better to have at least one breech, but I figure this way I have a better shot of a natural delivery and no more immobility after the babies come!!