April Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Apr 1, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Post your workouts here.

:youcandoit:

I am doing the hasfit.com challenge for this month and because DH is working until 6 this week, I will have to plan my workouts day by day rather then a week in advance.
    So today is 10 minute has fit starter workout and I will do a Leslie Sansome workout that I've found on you tube.
    And since it is supposed to be beautiful today, I think this afternoon the monkeys and I will go to the playground :yahoo:

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As soon as my coworker comes back from lunch I plan on running 3 miles. Gotta fit it in where I can.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I started a learn to run class a few weeks ago so during April I should be getting up to running 8-10 minutes at a time. Pretty big deal for me!

I am also trying to find a yoga class I can go to over lunch a few times a week.

As a side note; I have been making salads every day for lunch and just doing that alone I have dropped 5 lbs in 2 weeks!

4 people like this.
  4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I was at the doctor with Audrey for an appointment. I did a lot of walking at the hospital. It is 4pm and I have put in 7525 steps from my trips from one end of the hospital to the other.

1 person likes this.
  5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did my 3 miles. When I get home, after I make sure the kids are having dinner I'll do weights in my back room while they eat.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rollergiraffe

Someone was selling out the remainder of their gym membership on our intranet today, so I jumped on it, and will be able to hit the gym downstairs from my office at lunch! Woohoo! So once I get that sorted out my goal is to go at least twice a week for an hour of cardio. More if I can manage it, but I don't want to set my goals too high for now.

2 people like this.
  7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[​IMG]
    I did day one of has fit but instead of the cool down I'm doing the bike (probably a half hour)

1 person likes this.
  8. kingeomer

Today I did the 10 minute lose belly fat part 1 workout on has fit.
    I also did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike

1 person likes this.
  9. kingeomer

Today, I am doing an elliptical/bike combo at the gym for 60 minutes
    Tomorrow, I will be doing day 3 of has fit challenger and a body works class at the gym.

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like the idea of a learn to run class. Whenever I run I feel like Pheobe on Friends.

I took Day 1 off but yesterday did it plus some lower abdominal exercises. Today the plan is to do Day 2 but I'm not sure. My kids are not sleeping well these days and its leaving me exhausted and hitting the Easter candy. Sigh.

1 person likes this.
  11. ljcrochet

last night i did day 2 followed by 50 minutes on the bike (watched amazing race on hulu since the laptop was hooked up to the tv).

I talked my DH into doing the workouts with me, and it is funny as we are doing some of the exercises, he is staying he needs to remember it to do it as a warm up with the girls soccer team.

1 person likes this.
  12. ljcrochet

4/3: day 3 (cardio kickboxing) followed by 30 mintues on the bike

1 person likes this.
  13. Rollergiraffe

I did 50 minutes on the bike yesterday, tomorrow I will be going for a group run with my running class; 2 min run/1 min walk intervals.

1 person likes this.
  14. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wait a minute....

You mean you should do more than just the HASfit workout?!?! :laughing: Man I'm gonna lose! ;)

I took Monday and Tuesday off...bad bad bad!

Wednesday: Day 1/2 of HASfit workout
    Thursday: 10 sprints, 30 seconds, 8.5 speed, 2.0 incline; Day 3 HASfit workout

And Jen-way to go on running and scoring the gym membership!!

2 people like this.
  15. cheezewhiz24

I thought it was freakishly easy/I was getting stronger than I thought. Good to know its a warmup...

1 person likes this.
  16. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Hello ladies...I took 3 days off due to high fever caused by strep. But I'm back and ready!-:)
    I did 15 minutes cardio inferno + 5 min ab exercise today

1 person likes this.
  17. ljcrochet

Did day 5 of hasfit planning on Saturday and Sunday off followed by the bike.

1 person likes this.
  18. megkc03

Day 4 of HASfit. That kicked my arse! Lol! But I also despise lunges, so that could be why....

What weights is everyone using? I have 5#...or 15#. Lol. Our 10# broke...five is easy 15 is ridiculous. Or I'm a wimp. Lol!

1 person likes this.
  19. kingeomer

Meaghan, I'm using 5lbs. I thought I was ready to graduate to the 7.5 lbs weights at the gym and I couldn't do it!

Yesterday, I did day 3 of Has Fit and 35 minutes on the bike. The hubs is working his late week this week, so I could not get the gym in time for the start of the 7:00 body works class.
    Today, Day 4 of Has Fit and zumba!

1 person likes this.
  20. ljcrochet

i did day 4 last night(abs and strength training) . I used 8lb. DH had to lower his weighs about 1/2 way through. I only the lunges in the first 3 or 4 rounds, then I skipped them for the last 2 rounds.
    over the years Dh and I have gotten a lot of weights. 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 55, 60. Some we bought , some we gotten when FIL relocated to FL.

2 people like this.
  21. Gigantor

I did thisAnnihilation
    I use 8lbs weights on most of my exercises.

1 person likes this.
  22. ljcrochet

Hasfit.com day 6 on his calendar. Followed by the bike

1 person likes this.
  23. megkc03

Day 6 on Hasfit and then I added push-ups, squats, and step ups and dumbbell rows.

And...I did it all with 15 lb weights! Woo!

1 person likes this.
  24. cheezewhiz24

I finally broke down and got 5lb weights and used them today with the 3 min abs and strength workout. My arms are so weak I've been dropping stuff all morning!

1 person likes this.
  25. Gigantor

I did 30 shred with jillian michaels level 1 this morning and just came back from my first outside run (1.2 miles - not much, but improving).
    My arms are weak, too. It took me a long, long time to graduate to the 8 lbs dumbells. For the longest time I used 3 pounders-:)

1 person likes this.
  26. kingeomer

Yesterday I did day 6 of has fit and 25 minutes of the elliptical and 25 of the bike
    Today is my day off. I am so sore from day 5 strength training workout...I barely can walk up and down the steps :blush: I was fine on Friday, okay Saturday morning but I started to really feel it yesterday afternoon/last night/into today. I am so weak :blush:

As for arm weights, I have not graduated past 5 lbs yet.

ETA: Monday workout will be day 8 of has fit and a Leslie Sansome walking workout. I made my 120 visits at the gym since Nov 3 so I can submit it to my insurance for reimbursement! :banana:

1 person likes this.
  27. megkc03

Sunday I took off...oops!

Today I did 10 sprints at 8.5 and then Week 2 day 1 on Hasfit. I'm drenched! Lol!

1 person likes this.
  28. Rollergiraffe

I was supposed to run today, but there is a good 4-5 inches of snow out there, so I am going to go ahead and skip that and hopefully jump on the elliptical tonight instead. It's April! No more!

1 person likes this.
  29. Gigantor

Yesterday I did Hasfit

followed by Ab

Today I'm up to running 1.6 miles and I did some ab workout. I will take tomorrow off.

1 person likes this.
  30. ljcrochet

[​IMG]Week 2 day 1 hasfit. Followed by 35 minutes on the bike.

1 person likes this.
  31. kingeomer

Day 9 of has fit and a step circuit class at the gym.

1 person likes this.
  32. megkc03

Week 2 day 2 of Hasfit

2 people like this.
  33. ljcrochet

How was it? That is what I'm doing tonight.

34. kingeomer

I liked it! The strength training did not kill me like last weeks did! I was in pain for two full days after that! How did you like it?
    Today, I will do zumba (depending on what time the hubs gets home from work) and week 2 day 3 of hasfit.

1 person likes this.
  35. ljcrochet

I also liked it. I did feel that the abs were harder than I was expecting. I followed it by 30 minutes on the bike.

1 person likes this.