Are the Pull Handles on Rainboots Important?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cat mommy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I'm having a tough time finding cheap ones for school in a size 5 (as opposed to a size 5/6, which will run way too big for them). I have found some at Target, but they don't have the handles that you use to pull on rainboots. Will I, or the teachers ;), regret the lack of handles?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I grew up never having handles, and none of the boots I've bought my kids had handles, good old fashioned black rain boots ;) They are a pain to get on to a toddlers feet, handles or no handles, I'm sure! ;)

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I bought Western Chief rainboots, and I like having the handles, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker. :pardon: I found a good deal on them online (about $16 per pair), but they also sometimes sell them at Costco if you'd like to try them for next year.

Like Danielle says, either way they're a pain to get on! :lol:

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

At one point when my kids were toddlers, we wound up with one pair of rain boots with handles and the other pair without, and it definitely makes a difference. I don't know if I'd call it a dealbreaker, but I remember thinking, "Wow, what a great innovation, I wish boots had had these when I was a kid!"

5. Miss Conception

Miss Conception Well-Known Member

We have both kinds and prefer the handles. Without the handles, I end up having to put the palm of my hand on the sole of the boot to push it on. Who knows what the twins have stepped in that my hand has now come into contact with? Handles are a good thing.

6. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We had one pair with and one without - I didnt care either way when I was putting them on but it does make it a lot easier for my boys to put them on themselves.