Are there mandatory vaccines needed for travel to Italy?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by de_acevedo, May 11, 2009.

1. de_acevedo

de_acevedo Active Member

For those of you who have traveled internationally with your babies, have you ever been required to show immunization records to prove that your kids have been vaccinated? I really doubt it and I feel it was my Ped's way of pitching me to get them. My insurance changes next week at my job and under the new plan i will pay drastically less to get them so i say, what;s one month? Anyhow, there are people out there who travel who's religion doesn't agree with vaccines and do they not travel...that's not my case but I felt she was lying b/c she wanted to get $$$ out of me. I need to find another ped. I am in the kissimmee, Fl area. any recommendations? We leave tomorrow... by the way. I have never heard of such requirements...

2. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I've been asked to prove I was vaccinated for yellow fever, but that was after a trip to South America, not Europe.
    There are people on here who travel a lot, you may want to have this moved to the parent's club so more people will see it.

Enjoy the trip!

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Like Melissa, the only one that I know of that is required is yellow fever (and that's only traveling to certain countries) and Saudi Arabia requires Meningococcal vaccine during certain time frames.

Here's a link to the recommended vaccines to travel to Italy: CDC Italy Recommendations

This is the site we used when prepping our Federal Employees for over seas travel.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Chillers @ May 11 2009, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1308852[/snapback]
    Like Melissa, the only one that I know of that is required is yellow fever (and that's only traveling to certain countries) and Saudi Arabia requires Meningococcal vaccine during certain time frames.

Here's a link to the recommended vaccines to travel to Italy: CDC Italy Recommendations

This is the site we used when prepping our Federal Employees for over seas travel.

We traveled to Italy when the boys were 9 months old last summer.

All we had to show was their passports! Nothing else! Enjoy your trip!

5. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I haven't traveled with babies but my brother was about 4 when we went to France, and I have traveled many times to Europe. I've never been asked for anything but a passport.