are you ever still in shock

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Dec 29, 2010.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

It's almost five months later and most days I look at my girls and think WOW I can't believe I have twins. Anyone think that? I just got done putting a cute organizer together in the nursery. Maddie is in the swing and Allie is in her crib. She is on her belly pushing up on her little hands just looking at me. It was so sweet. I thought wow two babies!

2. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

Everyday :).

3. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Mine are a few weeks away from being 5 and I still think that! :lol: I just watch them and think, "Wow, two of them!" I feel so incredibly blessed to be their Mommy. :wub:

4. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

I do, too, sometimes. I wouldn't give either up of them but in the beginning I was a little jealous of my sister who had a singleton two weeks before my two were born. I don't want to say it was easy for her because I know that one baby can be tough, too, but she only had to feed one, diaper one, etc. She took the time to log all of his milk, everyday for months, and they had bath time, read stories. She took the time to do all the little things and I didn't have time for any of that. It was a whirlwind around here.

Now though, I secretly feel a little bad for my nephew because he doesn't have a playmate at home. My two play together all day long and it makes me sad to think that my nephew doesn't have that at home.

5. christinam

I was at the grocery store today all by myself and there was a woman pushing one of those mini carts. Half cart type of thing with her infant seat in the bucket and casually looking at food and sipping Starbucks. Now I love my kids and I wouldn't give up any of them for anything but I have to say I was a bit jealous. How nice! Geez I used to think it was SO hard to shop with DS. Now I miss those days.

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine are 5 1/2 years old and I still have days like that! It's an amazing experience and I'm glad they have each other. (And that I don't have to be pregnant again!) :lol:

7. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Yeah, but as her baby gets older, she will have to entertain him or her all the time by herself and it takes up a lot of time! Two babies entertain each other. :)

8. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

Every time I look at them I think this.

9. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Still after 6 years ... almost every day ! Just last night I was watching them laying on my bed watching tv and said to myself "I can't believe I have twins !" I don't think the wonder will ever wear off.

10. christinam

I totally agree! My kids are really close in age...5, 3 (almost 4), 2.5, and then the babies. I am crazy busy of course but at the same time I think sometimes I have more time around the house than some of my friends with one kid because all my kids play together. It's rare for them to want me to come in and play with them. I try to sit down with the 2.5 yr old and do puzzles or whatever but she is very happy playing superheros or trains along with her brother and older sister.

11. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

ALL THE TIME!!! We are so beyond blessed!

12. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

All.the.time!!!!! I am constantly saying, "I still can't believe I have twins." :)

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Yes! I am constantly checking myself, "Do I have TWO??" My mom is pretty adorable, too. She says things like, "I don't believe it, they can't be ours, we're too lucky, there's two!"

I don't know if I'll ever get over it.;)

14. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will never get over it. Especially because I wanted twins since I was younger(specifically wanted four kids...and when trying for the third, got twins, thus equaling the four kids. Lol!). I even mentioned to someone I worked with once I got married I would probably have twins. And fertility treatments brought me my twins! :) I can't imagine my life any other way!!! And I secretly wanted Annabella to be a twin! :laughing:

15. amymarie3

amymarie3 Well-Known Member

We are the luckiest moms in the world!! It blows my mind to see their two little heads working together to do something, usually get into trouble. ;)

16. Dean

Dean Member

I still can't believe I'm a Dad. My wife feels the same (about her being Mom). For some reason, it doesn't seem real. I'm not sure why that is. Our girls are 12 weeks old and I think it will hit home when they interact more.

17. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

[quote name='E's 3' date='30 December 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1293670441' post='1740996']
    Everyday :).
    [/quote]

Yes,yes,yes!
    Soooooooooooo true!
    I still shake my head and think, "OMG, theres 2 of them, wow!"

Dh admitted to me one day that he has this same thought.

I guess that sense of amazement never wears off!

18. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

"How did we get two babies??" Its amazing.

When we first found out I emailed an acquaintance with two year old twins. I asked her when the shock wore off. She said it hadn't yet.

19. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Yes, all the time. We are so lucky to have them :)!

20. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

STILL in shock and mine are approaching 2 years. DH and I are wondering when we will get over that we are actually parents. I don't even remember that I carried 9 months and delivered them. So funny...as if I am not really this old yet, this responsible yet, etc. And I totally love it! :)

21. christinam

I totally know that feeling. Sometimes I feel like I am faking it and just playing house and I have to remind myself this is so very real! I love reading everyone's stories. I am so blessed. I have one fallopean tube. A friend of mine lost one because of an etopic pregnancy and needed IVF to get pregnant. I lost one because a large cyst grew and stretched it out. I was so scared I would be in the same boat. Nope! I feel so extremely blessed because I had an easy time getting pregnant, had four normal and healhty pregnancies, had the twins at 37wks and took them home two days later, everyone is healthy, happy, and safe. Whenever I start thinking about how blessed I am I tear up or cry. I love my life! Chaos and all!

22. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Still, everyday! :D

23. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Im still in shock I have FOUR kids, let alone a set of twins... :drown:

24. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All the time! And they get more amazing every day. A friend of mine has a little guy the same age as my sons and she was telling me how awesome it was at Christmas when they had another toddler over and the two were chasing each other around laughing like crazy. Then she stopped and looked at me and said "what am I telling you this for? it must be like this at your house every day!" Until that point, I think she pitied me for having twins, but I think that made her realize how awesome they are. And it made me feel so blessed... if I didn't have twins I would miss out on all the giggles and playing and hugging every day.

Not to mention, I know that it's terribly hard at times but I think there's some economy to twins... it's not THAT much extra work to change a second diaper, prepare 2 bottles instead of 1, 2 meals, 2 whatever... but everyone I know has to start all over again from scratch when their second kid comes around. The first year you're just powering through a lot of work, but when they get older it's really just as easy to take care of 2 the same age.

25. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never in a million years dreamed I would have 4 kids. DH and I wanted a 3rd and final and ended up with a 2 for 1 deal lol!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

As the pp said, sometimes I feel like I'm faking it and someone will catch me out one day :rotflmbo: .

I can't believe I have 2 BABIES!

26. browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl Well-Known Member

I say it at least once a day, "I can't believe we had two babiees at once!"