ask the quads.

Discussion in 'General' started by annikaRAWR, Sep 3, 2007.

1. annikaRAWR

annikaRAWR Well-Known Member

we told me we had all joined this forum and she thought it might be a good idea to make a topic for you all to ask us questions about being quaddies :D

and she said if you have and ?'s for her then post them and we will give them to her.

btw if you havent seen us around our names are
    Azaria
    Annika
    Audrie
    and
    Ainsly
    we were born on the 25th of December 1992.

i will get the rest of us to post in here so you know who we are :)

2. azariaRAWR

azariaRAWR Active Member

Hey i am Azaria
    it is awesome being a quad but we still do fight!!
    yeah i'm happy to answer any questions and im sure my sissys r too

3. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lets get the main questions out of the way (I know you said in the 13-18 forum that I ask too many questions but since you've asked)

Whats your zygosity?
    Do you have any other siblings?
    Do you have any other multiples in your family?
    Where do you live?
    How were you concieved? (natural or assisted reproduction)
    How big were you?
    Do you share rooms?
    Are you in the same classes? What about in primary school?

4. annikaRAWR

Lets get the main questions out of the way (I know you said in the 13-18 forum that I ask too many questions but since you've asked)

Whats your zygosity? Audrie and Ainsly are Identical. Annika and Azaria are fraternal.
    Do you have any other siblings? older sister (18) and younger sister (3)
    Do you have any other multiples in your family? nanna had twins.
    Where do you live? Australia
    How were you concieved? (natural or assisted reproduction) assisted. but our parents wernt expecting four of us!
    How big? little were you?
    Azaria: 3lb3oz
    Annika: 2lb6oz
    Audrie: 1lb2oz
    Ainsly: 2lb2oz

Do you share rooms? Audrie and ainsly share. Annika and Azaria share.
    Are you in the same classes? What about in primary school? we are all in the same math class and a couple of other classes two of us were in.
    kindy we were all together because we refused to be separated and then all other years there were 2 to a class.

5. Kendra

Oh and at how many weeks were you born?

6. AudrieRAWR

AudrieRAWR Active Member

we were born about 36 weeks :)

7. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(AudrieRAWR @ Sep 3 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]390669[/snapback]
    we were born about 36 weeks :)

Yeahh we were really late for quads! Everyone was worried about us...but we just wernt ready to come out!

8. annikaRAWR

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

36 weeks, thats really good for quads!!

10. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

Hey Girls!

Do you have a picture of all four of you together you could share?
    Is your Mom a twinstuff member also?

Thanks for letting us ask so many questions!!

11. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Sep 3 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]391301[/snapback]
    36 weeks, thats really good for quads!!

I agree!! Wow, how many other quads have made it that far? Are you gals the only ones?

12. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(stacyann_1 @ Sep 4 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]391312[/snapback]
    Hey Girls!

Do you have a picture of all four of you together you could share?
    Is your Mom a twinstuff member also?

Thanks for letting us ask so many questions!!

mum isnt a member :( but we will ask her any questions you have!!
    of coarse we will post some pictures for you all! soon!

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Sep 4 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]391344[/snapback]
    I agree!! Wow, how many other quads have made it that far? Are you gals the only ones?

not sure....it is realllly good though :) everyone always says it. we were lucky.

13. Kendra

The longest gestation quads recorded is 37 weeks.

I requested you as a facebook friend.

14. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(Kendra @ Sep 4 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]391372[/snapback]
    The longest gestation quads recorded is 37 weeks.

I requested you as a facebook friend.

K cool. I will accept you soon.

15. AudrieRAWR

AudrieRAWR Active Member

yeah! lucky us!

16. annikaRAWR

there is a photo of us all when we were little on my facebook btw :)

17. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Hi girls! Nice to see you all.

18. annikaRAWR

Hellooo nice to meet you too!

19. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

Hi! I was wondering how much do you fight with each other? My twin girls seem to fight with each other all the time.

20. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

Wow, you guys were tiny for being 36 weekers! Most 36 weekers weigh 5+ lbs. Welcome to Twinstuff.

21. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TTTSMiracleMom @ Sep 4 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]391977[/snapback]
    Wow, you guys were tiny for being 36 weekers! Most 36 weekers weigh 5+ lbs. Welcome to Twinstuff.

Yeah, amazing, you'd think quads carried all the way to 36 weeks would be bigger, considering the average quad is carried to around 30 weeks and weighs about 2 pounds, 13 ounces. You ladies had an extra 6 weeks to grow in there! Do you know how big your mom measured when she had you? I know I measured at almost 50 weeks with just twins, born at 37+2, I can't imagine how big your mom must have been. But then, my boys were 6 pounds 8 ounces and 5 pounds 5 ounces, so I had a lot more weight than your mom with just my two.

Welcome to TS. :)

22. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Many of us don't have my space or face book, is there any way to post a pic here in the forum? Just paste the properties on the reply page. I am sure being quints you parents were so proud and took tons of pictures! We would love to see what you all look like! :)

23. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

Cristina, I was going to say the same thing. I do not have a Myspace or Facebook account and do not plan on setting one up. I did want to comment on the 36 weeks and small thing. Jaydon was quite small for gestation (2 pounds 6 ounces at 32.6 weeks).

24. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(heathernd @ Sep 4 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]392200[/snapback]
    Cristina, I was going to say the same thing. I do not have a Myspace or Facebook account and do not plan on setting one up. I did want to comment on the 36 weeks and small thing. Jaydon was quite small for gestation (2 pounds 6 ounces at 32.6 weeks).

Heather,

That is small. My twins were 2 lb. 12 oz. and 2 lb. 7 oz. at just short of 29 weeks. They were considered average, not even slightly big for age. :)

25. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Wow Heather, he was tiny! Aaron and Connor were considered big for their gestational age. They were 31.4 days and Connor was 4.2lbs and Aaron was 4.0lbs. They still had all the typical preemie issues and were in the NICU for 3 weeks, but looked so big next to all the other little ones.

(They did drop down to 3.5 and 3.2 after the first few days, but slowly went back up..)

26. Katiebelle

Katiebelle Well-Known Member

Sounds like lots of fun at your house! I actually joined facebook because I was so interested in seeing your pictures but I didn't see any. Am I doing something wrong? Do you all have the same facebook account?

27. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

How neat, two of you have names that my girls have. My Bea's middle name is Annika and then I have an Ainsley but spelled a little different.
    It is odd that you all were so small for making it all the way to 36 weeks.
    Were you ever on any local news shows in Australia?

28. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

Brook/Cristina -

I hate to hijack this thread as it has absolutely nothing to do with my kids, but Jaydon's weight was always much lower than Jackson's (2 lbs 6 ozs 14 inches versus 3 lbs 9 ozs 15.25 inches). Jackson had a 3-week NICU stay and Jaydon had a 2.5 month NICU stay. Today they are 38 lbs and 44 inches and 42 lbs and 45.25 inches (yep, still maintaining 1.25 inches apart!).

I can't wait to see the quad pics, ladies.

Here are my questions for you:

1. Do you have similar interests (hobbies, favorite foods, etc.)?

2. Do you share clothes or are your styles very different?

3. Do you make similar grades in school?

29. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(Tam1969 @ Sep 4 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]391931[/snapback]
    Hi! I was wondering how much do you fight with each other? My twin girls seem to fight with each other all the time.

Haha, we feel sorry for our parents sometimes. They say twin fights are the worst but they haven't met quads!

QUOTE(TTTSMiracleMom @ Sep 4 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]391977[/snapback]

Really? The docs said we had great stats when we were born :S

30. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(kendraplus2 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]392012[/snapback]
    Yeah, amazing, you'd think quads carried all the way to 36 weeks would be bigger, considering the average quad is carried to around 30 weeks and weighs about 2 pounds, 13 ounces. You ladies had an extra 6 weeks to grow in there! Do you know how big your mom measured when she had you? I know I measured at almost 50 weeks with just twins, born at 37+2, I can't imagine how big your mom must have been. But then, my boys were 6 pounds 8 ounces and 5 pounds 5 ounces, so I had a lot more weight than your mom with just my two.

Welcome to TS. :)

Thanks. I will ask mum.

QUOTE(Cristina @ Sep 5 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]392062[/snapback]
    Many of us don't have my space or face book, is there any way to post a pic here in the forum? Just paste the properties on the reply page. I am sure being quints you parents were so proud and took tons of pictures! We would love to see what you all look like! :)

Of coarse we can! I will put it up later.

QUOTE(heathernd @ Sep 5 2007, 02:10 AM) [snapback]392200[/snapback]

Yeahh, I guess we were just small kids. Pretty sure our parents were more concerned about keeping us in the word than worried about out weights at birth.

QUOTE(Katiebelle @ Sep 5 2007, 02:53 AM) [snapback]392268[/snapback]
    Sounds like lots of fun at your house! I actually joined facebook because I was so interested in seeing your pictures but I didn't see any. Am I doing something wrong? Do you all have the same facebook account?

Nooo I'm the olny one with a facebook, my sisters are a little slow haha.

QUOTE(Snittens @ Sep 5 2007, 04:34 AM) [snapback]392479[/snapback]
    How neat, two of you have names that my girls have. My Bea's middle name is Annika and then I have an Ainsley but spelled a little different.
    It is odd that you all were so small for making it all the way to 36 weeks.
    Were you ever on any local news shows in Australia?

Haha that is awesome!! Is bea said 'bee'?
    Nah, my mum wouldn't let us be in the news she didn't really like knowing that we were gonna all be headline news without even being in the paper.

Annnd I'm gonna let one of the others answer the other questions because I've answered so many!!!

31. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, that is tiny for 36 weeks. Especially the 1 pounder...how long were you guys in the nicu for?

I would love to see some pics too...I don't have a facebook acount though either...

32. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(4jsinPA @ Sep 5 2007, 06:55 AM) [snapback]392773[/snapback]
    Wow, that is tiny for 36 weeks. Especially the 1 pounder...how long were you guys in the nicu for?

I would love to see some pics too...I don't have a facebook acount though either...

ummm Azaria, Ainsly and i came out after 3 weeks and then Audrie after about 4.5.

also, i was gonna reply this to someones comment but i forget whos.
    mum was in hospital about 2 months before we were born! because she was so big and sick, they were going to take us out early but they left it as late as they could.
    mum hated being in the hospital for so long, because she had a 4 year old daughter at home.

33. annikaRAWR

picture
    hehe our bums are sooo huge! we wore cloth nappies!

34. Kendra

Cute picture, can't wait to see something curent.

Wow, cloth diapers with quads! That dedication! Did she use a service or did she do them herself?

35. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(Kendra @ Sep 5 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]393054[/snapback]
    Cute picture, can't wait to see something curent.

Wow, cloth diapers with quads! That dedication! Did she use a service or did she do them herself?

All by herself. We had a nanny of coarse who helped.