ask the quads.

Discussion in 'General' started by annikaRAWR, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

I am everyone would love to see something more current. Quads certainly are a fun thing to see, especially since most of us only have twins! :)

How old are you in that picture? You seem awfully covered up, if you were born in December. Isn't it awfully hot in Australia in December? I know I was born south of the equator in August, and in all my baby pictures my Mom has me pretty bundled up.

2. annikaRAWR

annikaRAWR Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we wernt newborn.
    We were about 4-5 months old mum said. So it was autumn?

I know you all wanna see pics....you will soon, we've been out since wednesday and it was our big sisters 18th on tuesday so we haven't had time to take some photos that we are happy with.

3. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I'm going to lay it out there... I don't want to be rude or hurt your feelings, but I dont believe you. I want to see a picture, so there is proof. I can find a picture of quads online and pass them off as my own, but that doesnt mean its true. You just seem a little evasive.

Maybe I am the only one, but thats what I think. If I am wrong, show me... :) I would love to stick my foot in my mouth!

4. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

Hm, so someone finally was brave enough to 'come out' with all this. I googled Rawr quads, etc... and came up with nothing.

5. annikaRAWR

...ummm our last name isn't rawr. Which is probably why you can't find anything, and you won't find anything! Because mum DIDN'T want us in the paper.

Ivasive? We arnt being evasive at all! Some of us have low self esteme and are uncomfortable about posting our pictures on the net to people we don't know. Hence the reason we don't have myspace....

We will post a picture when were ready and if your gonna get fistey and try to bite our heads off before then, then ... get lost quite frankly. Kick me off, whatever.

6. AudrieRAWR

AudrieRAWR Active Member

umm...why would we PRETEND to be quads? if i had a choice i wouldnt be one at all! i would be a single childs

7. Cristina

Thanks Heather, I am getting tired of the charade too.

Sorry, but your story doesn't hold water, imho.

Let me get this straight: you are quads, born on Christmas Day in 1992 and there is no information about you anywhere? You were born in the 90's, people had access to a lot more than newspapers. To say your Mum didn't want you in the papers doesn't hold up..Plus, she didn't want you to be noticed and she named you all with names that start with "A?"

The picture you posted looks like 3 boys and a girl from about 1960's. (in black and white) Your facebook has no info and was started the beginning of September. You continue to refuse to show a more recent picture, more than likely because finding one with ID and Frat together would be quite hard. You bump up your posts to continue to get noticed. Your answers are short and like Heather said, evasive. I am sorry, but we have all seen plenty of fakers on this board, and quite frankly, unless you show some proof, nobody here will believe you. Sorry, but that is the honest truth.

And to answer your question:QUOTE
    why would we PRETEND to be quads? if i had a choice i wouldnt be one at all! i would be a single childs
    Because you wouldn't receive any attention!

8. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HeyThere @ Sep 9 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]399387[/snapback]
    I'm going to lay it out there... I don't want to be rude or hurt your feelings, but I dont believe you. I want to see a picture, so there is proof. I can find a picture of quads online and pass them off as my own, but that doesnt mean its true. You just seem a little evasive.

Maybe I am the only one, but thats what I think. If I am wrong, show me... :) I would love to stick my foot in my mouth!

Agreed, thanks for having the guts to say it!

9. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

I've been reading these post since they started and I just find it hard to believe that quads that made it 36 weeks would not be in the media. Whether or not your "mom" would have wanted it, I think there would be some type of publication. Also my little ones were born at almost 35 weeks and weighed 5lbs 7oz and 4lbs 12oz so for babies to be that far (36 weeks) in gestation and so small is almost unheard of. We have moms on TS that had babies around 30 weeks that were bigger than that. I guess it was fun while it lasted!

10. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

I googled ALL quads born in the world in 1992- there were no recorded quad births on Christmas day that year anywhere in the world.

I have kept coming back hoping to be wrong cause it would be neat to have quads on here...prove us wrong if you can.

11. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I just want to remind everyone that if you suspect a poster of being a faker not to "call them out" on the boards. That's just not our style here at TS. :) Instead you could report them by clicking the !Report button at the bottom left of their post or contacting a Moderator about your suspicions.

Thank you!

12. HeyThere

I KNEW everyone was thinking it! I couldn't figure out why this has gone on for four pages! So, yeah...

13. HeyThere

Thanks Jenny, I didnt even know that button was there! :)

14. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AudrieRAWR @ Sep 9 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]399415[/snapback]
    umm...why would we PRETEND to be quads? if i had a choice i wouldnt be one at all! i would be a single childs

Actually it's quite common for users on some sites to pretend to be something they're not. And the more outrageous the story, the better for these users. We've uncovered a few over the years here at Twinstuff and are quite good at spotting fakes. Usually users are welcomed here with open arms but the stories that are a little more outlandish (and again, they're quite easy for most of us to spot) are more closely scrutinized.

There's a technical term for this desire to create a fake personna - Munchausen by Internet - and if you Google it you'll see the symptons of users who invent stories on support board communities to try to deceive others. One thing for sure is that a higher-order multiple suffering from Munchausen by Internet would not come to a message board like Twinstuff and pretend to be a singleton. It would be the other way around.

15. Cristina

Jenny, thanks for the heads up. I should have been more tactful. I will remember that next time I feel that a poster is a bit "off" though it has rarely happened. I tend to believe people! I apologize in advance to the quads if this happens to be real, I just have a hard time believing it.

16. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

And to answer your question:
    why would we PRETEND to be quads? if i had a choice i wouldnt be one at all! i would be a single childs

Because you wouldn't receive any attention!

With currently 2,587 hits to this thread, attention seems to have been gained! ;)

17. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jxnsmama @ Sep 9 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]399843[/snapback]
    With currently 2,587 hits to this thread, attention seems to have been gained! ;)

Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that!

18. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who questioned the credibility of the OP.

19. annikaRAWR

I think its hillarious...no one has ever doubted that we are quads...ever, so I guess its kinda good if we don't 'act' like quads on a forum.

What would you like us to do to prove to you that we are infact quads?

Oh and thanks for telling us we look like boys, helps everything.

20. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The proof will be in the pictures.

I know I'm "just" a twin but there are tons of pictures of us online. You probably have access to a digital camera or camera phone and we'd love to see a picture.

21. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(Kendra @ Sep 10 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]400128[/snapback]
    The proof will be in the pictures.

I know I'm "just" a twin but there are tons of pictures of us online. You probably have access to a digital camera or camera phone and we'd love to see a picture.

Ok, we will post pictures when we get home from school, I'm sorry to leave you guys hanging, they will be up real sooooon.

22. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

Can't wait!

23. AudrieRAWR

AudrieRAWR Active Member

dudes, i dnt get why u think were not quads... number 1 we ARE and 2nd u dont have any proof and 3rd u dnt have to be rude about it.

dudes, i dnt get why u think were not quads... number 1 we ARE and 2nd u dont have any proof and 3rd u dnt have to be rude about it.

24. azariaRAWR

azariaRAWR Active Member

we would put a pic up but guys im sorry :( i am the bigger of the 4 of us and i am not very keen on having pics of myself on the net

25. ainslyRAWR

ainslyRAWR Well-Known Member

ahh zar you look fine! anni are you going to pos the pic?

26. annikaRAWR

yeah, just getting them ready.

27. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can assure you that in 10 years you will look back and wonder why you thought you were big. Happens to the best of us. A couple growing up ones would work too.

28. ainslyRAWR

pics will be up in afew minutes :)

29. annikaRAWR

ok so.

single pics first.
    azaria
    annika
    audrie
    ainsly

double
    Azaria and Annika
    Audrie and Ainsly

all of us (you can tell who the ID's are...and if you cant. eek) i've changed my hair since this pic (its dyed quite obvioulsy. its naturally blond like zar's)
    azariaannikaaudrieainsly

and lastly...BEFORE anyone hacks, call us ugly, or fat, or wants to be like half the people in the world who say we look nothing alike...
    our dad is greek, our mum is aussie...figures.

oh and while where here.
    Alissia (18)
    Alyana (3)

hope you like them *runs away and hides*

30. azariaRAWR

azariaRAWR Active Member

:( anni whyd you put pics of us up....
    im gunna go and tell alissia

31. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(azariaRAWR @ Sep 10 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]400676[/snapback]
    :( anni whyd you put pics of us up....
    im gunna go and tell alissia

Shh zar.
    They wanted to see...
    Audrie's gonna kill me for not letting her chose her own single photo.
    :(

32. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

Do you guys have a nice family picture you can share? One with your parents and you all together that is?

33. ainslyRAWR

omg family photos? gee your going WAY too far now. your even lucky you got pics of us even though we hate having our pics on the net. seriously

34. AudrieRAWR

AudrieRAWR Active Member

35. annikaRAWR

QUOTE(ainslyRAWR @ Sep 11 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]402196[/snapback]
    omg family photos? gee your going WAY too far now. your even lucky you got pics of us even though we hate having our pics on the net. seriously

Babe!
    Shhhhhh....they obviously just wanna see if we look like mum and dad. And arnt gonna just take our word for it.