Average fundal height (wk by wk) for twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jmcnett, Oct 9, 2008.

1. jmcnett

jmcnett Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a link to an average fundal height of twins week by week? Just curious.

2. cloe3713

cloe3713 Member

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Oct 9 2008, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1019669[/snapback]
    Does anyone know a link to an average fundal height of twins week by week? Just curious.

I have no clue but I'm really interested too!

3. gonersgirl

gonersgirl Active Member

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Oct 9 2008, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1019669[/snapback]

I don't know, but for a long time I measured consistently 10 weeks ahead. At my appointment on Tuesday I was 32 weeks, but measuring 45. So, the further along I got, the bigger the different between my weeks and my actual measurement.

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I've measured 8 weeks ahead since week 16.

5. ymillenbaugh

ymillenbaugh Well-Known Member

My doctor has never even taken my fundal height... I'm curious to know mine though... I'll have to bust out the tape measure!!

6. agdgirl27

agdgirl27 Well-Known Member

I seem to be consistently measuring nine weeks ahead. When I saw the dr. earlier this week, I was 27 weeks measuring 36 weeks.

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, my peri never measured mine.

8. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

how do you measure? from the bottom of your bump to the top? laying down? TIA

9. jmcnett

Thanks for the responses. It's interesting to hear the difference in size between a twin pregnancy & a singleton. I guess I'm mostly curious how huge I'm going to get.

nycmomma - I think you measure from the top of your pubic bone to the top of the uterus in centimeters.

10. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

I can't feel either... I was a little overweight when I got preg, and my belly is still all soft and jelly-like at 15w. Maybe it's too early?

11. EricaM

EricaM Well-Known Member

At 21 weeks, I was measuring 6 weeks ahead. By 27 weeks, I was measuring 10 weeks ahead. Now at 30 weeks (today!), I'm measuring 11.5 weeks ahead.

My doctor didn't start measuring fundal height until 21 weeks I think (I was going every 2 weeks at that point)

12. rebecca_lynn78

rebecca_lynn78 Well-Known Member

At 29 weeks I am measuring 33 weeks. At 25 weeks, I was also measuring 4 weeks ahead.

Sirimaaa likes this.
  13. HoneyBear23

HoneyBear23 Well-Known Member

I've been measuring 6-8 wks ahead since 21wks when they started measuring me.

14. SweetTooth

SweetTooth Member

They measured me for the first time this past week (almost 26 weeks) but didn't tell me what the # was. I am going back next week, I'll have to ask. I'm curious because I feel like I am huge.

15. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

MAN.... IM MEASURING HUGE :(:(

At 29 weeks I am measuring 33 weeks

At 28 weeks, I was messuring at 39! ... Im now29 weeks... Im probably well over 40 :(:(

16. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I dont believe there is an average.. But at 17 weeks i was measuring 19 and at 38 weeks i was measuring 52!!!!!! I was consistantly about 4-6 weeks ahead.

17. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

My OB told me at 12w, "You'll start measuring 4 weeks ahead," and sure enough, at 16w I measured 20w!
    He didn't measure me at 20w but just said that in terms of size it was like I was 24 weeks pregnant.
    Then at 22w5d, I measured 27.5, so I guess I'm almost 5 weeks ahead now.
    From what I've heard on this board and another Multiples board I'm on though, sounds like a lot of MOMs measure 10-12 weeks ahead in the 3rd tri.

18. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

My OB, with my twins and singleton pregnancy, started measuring fundal height at 20 weeks.

With the twins, up until the day I delivered, I measured only 4 weeks ahead.

With my singleton, I consistently measured 2 weeks behind...lol!

Every person is different.

19. cathefan

cathefan Member

With my singleton I always measured really small. With twins I consistently measured only about a week ahead of a singleton pregnancy. Even at 38 weeks I only measure 39 weeks for a singleton. (although I've gained 60 pounds) It's different for everyone...I had a friend who measured 52 weeks at 37 weeks with her twins.
    I never even knew there was a twin chart for that.

20. jmcnett

When I went in today I was at 19.5 cm, and I am only 15 weeks!

21. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I had an appt yesterday and he said I was measuring 26 week and I am 19.5!

22. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

Today I was measured at 28 cm. What would that be?

23. jmcnett

28 cm = 28 weeks

24. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I didn't get measured today. :( Oh well. I know it's not necessary; I just think it's really interesting to know! (Esp so I have something to say if people make comments about me looking big/small for how many weeks I am. "Actually I'm measuring ____, which is normal at this point for twins," or whatever.)

25. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I don't think there really is an average for twins. Over the years, when we've compared how big we were are birth, the numbers are all over the place. With me, I didn't start measuring large until about 16 weeks and then it was just by a tiny bit. When I had the girls at 35 weeks, I measured 47 cm.

With both my singleton pregnancies, I've been pretty much right on with dates.