Baby A Ruptured Update - sad....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by solbrich, Jan 7, 2007.

1. solbrich

solbrich Member

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that I had the Twins yesterday. I was having severely painful contractions but only mild signs of infection (I had white cells in my cervical discharge). I had a c-section at 2:30. Ethan Robert (Baby A - ruptured baby) arrived at 2:33. His brother Zachary Charles (baby B) arrived at 2:37. Ethan looked good for a ruptured baby. He cried. He pinked up when vented. He squeezed his Daddy's finger beore leaving for the nicu. Zack did really well and cried even after his vent was put in! Both babies were doing well until about 9:30pm. Zack was actually being vented on room air! But Ethan crashed. He had 2 pnuemonthoraxes and his heart rate/ oxygenation rate just never recovered. At 1:00am on January 7th, Ethan died in my arms. His daddy and I held him for another 2 hours before I could let him go. Zack continues to do well. He was switched to a cpap today. We are praying that he continues to do well. We know he has an amazing angel watching over him. We just miss Ethan so very very much......

I know I will always be a "twin mom" and I wanted to thank everyone here for their thoughts and prayers.

-Sarah

Zack - 28w
    Ethan - born 28w, died 28w1d

2. solbrich

solbrich Member

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that I had the Twins yesterday. I was having severely painful contractions but only mild signs of infection (I had white cells in my cervical discharge). I had a c-section at 2:30. Ethan Robert (Baby A - ruptured baby) arrived at 2:33. His brother Zachary Charles (baby B) arrived at 2:37. Ethan looked good for a ruptured baby. He cried. He pinked up when vented. He squeezed his Daddy's finger beore leaving for the nicu. Zack did really well and cried even after his vent was put in! Both babies were doing well until about 9:30pm. Zack was actually being vented on room air! But Ethan crashed. He had 2 pnuemonthoraxes and his heart rate/ oxygenation rate just never recovered. At 1:00am on January 7th, Ethan died in my arms. His daddy and I held him for another 2 hours before I could let him go. Zack continues to do well. He was switched to a cpap today. We are praying that he continues to do well. We know he has an amazing angel watching over him. We just miss Ethan so very very much......

I know I will always be a "twin mom" and I wanted to thank everyone here for their thoughts and prayers.

-Sarah

Zack - 28w
    Ethan - born 28w, died 28w1d

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Oh Sarah! [​IMG] I am just so devastated for you and your family. Please know that you are in my prayers.

4. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am so sorry for you Sarah. We were all rooting for you and your precious babies! You are a twin mommy and your angel will be watching over baby Zach. I will pray for your family.

5. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers. I hope your other baby gets much better soon.

Kendra

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Sarah, I am so very sorry for your incredibly difficult loss! [​IMG] Please utilize our grief forum and lean on us! [​IMG]

7. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Sarah! My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry. My prayers go to you and your family. I sure hope Zach continues to do well. [​IMG]

9. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

Sarah,
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's good to hear Zach is doing well and hope you are all home soon.

Best wishes,
    Laura

10. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sarah, I am so very sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.

11. KeriBrack

KeriBrack Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Your family are in my prayers.
    [​IMG]

Keri

12. Marie_B

Marie_B Well-Known Member

Sarah,

Words are not enough to express my deepest sympathy and sadness for you. I pray that you find the strength during this most difficult time.

13. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Words seem inadequate at this point, but please know you have support here! I am so sorry! I sincerely hope Zach is home with you soon!

14. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm just crying for you right now. I am so sorry for the pain of your loss. I hope your angel continues to watch over your family.

Reyna

15. 2babygirls

2babygirls Well-Known Member

Sarah,
    I am just so heartbroken for you [​IMG]
    And yes we WILL ALWAYS be twin mommies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am praying for your little Zach that he stays healthy and that in due time he comes home to you and your DH real soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Sarah,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you must be feeling right now [​IMG].

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time and I wish Zack a speedy discharge from the NICU. Please take care of yourself.

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers [​IMG]

18. Ophelia

Ophelia Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you & your entire family in my thoughts & prayers.

19. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am so sorry about Zack. You have had such a hard road. You and your family are in my prayers [​IMG]

20. debby12766

debby12766 Well-Known Member

Dear Sarah,

I am so happy and sad for you all at the same time. I will be thinking of your family

21. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss [​IMG]. My thoughts and prayers are with your family in this very difficult time. I hope that Zack is home with you soon.

22. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Oh, Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to read this. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Misti

23. KIERAN-N-BETH

KIERAN-N-BETH Well-Known Member

[​IMG] May god be with you during this difficult time. May he bless you and keep you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

K+B

24. HelenClyde

HelenClyde Well-Known Member

That´s so very, very sad. At least you could hold him and tell him goodbye. I don´t know what to say, but I want you to know that I feel very sorry for you and your family.

25. *Shelly*

*Shelly* Well-Known Member

Sarah [​IMG] i am so sorry for your loss [​IMG] words cannot describe how sadden i am for you. Please know you're in out thoughts & prayers. and you are so right, we will ALWAYS be twin mommies. We just have one of our babies up in heaven looking over us & protecting us. I hope Zack keeps doing well in the NICU. many [​IMG] to you & your family.

26. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

Sarah, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

27. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Sarah, I am soo sorry for your loss! I hope Zack continues to do well, you are right he does have an amazing angel watching over him!! Please know you and your family are in our thoughts!

28. funkymom

funkymom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

29. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

Sarah, I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I will definitely pray for you and Zach and the rest of your family.

30. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

OH Sarah-- I'm so terribly sorry for your loss! [​IMG] YOu are certainly in my prayers! I hope your other little guy thrives in the NICU and you're home soon!!!

31. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear about Ethan. [​IMG] I was really hoping that he was going to do well. I will keep Zack and the rest of your family in my thoughts. Again, I am so sorry. [​IMG]

32. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Sarah - words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...

33. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am so so so sorry to hear of your loss of Ethan, like you said you now have a wonderful angel watching over you [​IMG]. My prayers to you and your family, especially for little Zack, I pray he continues to thrive and will have an uneventful NICU stay [​IMG]

34. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

oh Sarah,
    I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say to make it better. but I'll hope and pray for Zack that he grows up happy and healthy.
    Michelle

35. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I'm so, so sorry Sarah. [​IMG] I can't imagine what you are going through. It is great that Zach is doing so well. It took 4 days for my 35 weeker to move from a vent to cpap so he's making wonderful progress. We will keep you all in our prayers. [​IMG]