baby acne / milk bumps

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tcap, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tcap

tcap Well-Known Member

One of my daughters has baby acne / milk bumps covering her face, ears, neck, head, and top of her chest. Any one else have a similar experience? Could it be anything other than baby acne? Did you put anything on it ... lotions?

2. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Ours had baby acne during the first months. I think they got it at 3-4 weeks and it seemed like forever before it went away - which was really like 6 weeks. We kept the area clean, but didn't really put anything on it. If the skin got dry, then we put a small amount of baby oil or petrolium jelly. If it gets real bad, I'd suggest calling the pedi just to make sure.

It Will go away and will soon be just a memory.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine had it a little, I didn't do anything for it that I remember. If it gets too bad I would call the pedi.

4. narezo0805

narezo0805 Active Member

My daughter had this really bad. It would not go away. The doctor prescribed Topicort and in one day it was gone. We also changed her milk to Hypoallergenic. At first he thought it was baby acne, but then he realized it was ezcema. She is doing alot better now, but still has flare ups now and again.

5. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Almost all of my kids experienced baby acne. I heard it's from the mother's hormones leaving their little systems. For the twins, I put cod liver oil on the bottom of their feet covered with socks. I also tried to keep their faces clean using a colloidal silver. It still took 4-6 weeks to really clear, but they were the first of my kids not to show any scars. Two of my boys you can still see the scars from their baby acne.

6. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

my DS had terrible baby acne, face, neck, chest and back but the worst was on his little cheeks. i found that if i wiped it gently with a cool washcloth a couple times a day and put aveeno soothing relief moisture cream on it it really helped. after i started doing that it resolved in 4-5 days and hasn't come back since.